Chapter 13: Bad Girls Eavesdrop

Mac

As our large party trails the hall where the suites are housed, I fend Leed off with a stiff arm as he tries to hug me.

"Get away, traitor!" I yell at him.

"Don't be mad at me for the plane, Macaroni. You know I speak truth when truth is required."

In typical brother fashion, he completely ignores my outstretched hand, and forces me into a hug against his big stupid body. I kick him in the shin.

"Ow!" he cries. He pinches me in the side and I try to knee him in the balls. In his attempt to block, and my attempt to counter-attack, I get tangled in his giant Leed legs and we topple over.

He twists to take the fall but I land hard on top of him. He lets out a groan of pain.

Ha! Take that, loser!

My carry-on is smashed between us in a very uncomfortable place for Leed.

I'm laughing. Adam is not.

"Be careful with her, you fucking lunatic!" Adam yells at Leed as his strong hands are pulling me up. Actually, it's more like he's pulling me off Leed, because now I'm trying to stomp on Leed, and Leed is holding up my bag as a defense.

"Be careful with her? Demons are indestructible. Don't you know that? I on the other hand, have soft parts she just stomped." Leed moans and rolls on the floor.

"Get up, Lawson!" Dawes bitches. Bodie gives my melodramatic brother a hand up, and Leed lumbers down the hall to his room. "Payback is hell, MacKenna!" he yells. I flip him off, dismissing him.

Adam is picking up my carry-on while his eyes rove over me, stopping briefly in my lower abdomen area.

"Jesus, Adam, I'm fine." I rumble. Okay, it's kind of cute, how protective Adam is all the sudden, but I am not having his sap right now. I'm irritated with him.

Thankfully, his eyes snap to my mine without any comment about the maybe-baby being jostled by my dumb-ass brother. He takes my keycard from my hand and opens my door, pushing it open with one strong hand, gesturing me in ahead of him.

"Where do you think you are going?" I ask, blocking access by putting my hands on either side of the door frame. We are alone in the hall now, all the Soundcrush members having quickly entered their suites.

"To put our shit in our suite," he smirks.

"Think again, Preacher," I say sweetly. "Get the fuck on to your own room. I'm pissed at you. You expect to share my bed after you made me sound like a heartless bitch?"

Adam scratches his sexy beard. "Well, Shortcake, if the shoe fits," he grins. He raises a hand to block me slapping the side of his head. "You did say all those things..." he drops my carry-on to put up a more serious defense and I try to pull his hair with both hands. "...that our sex didn't mean anything..." he laughs as he grabs both of my hands and I try to head-butt him in the chest, "...that I was out of your system," he twists as I try to knee him in the crotch. "Those were  your words, just this morning."

"Yeah but I didn't mean them, and you know it," I hiss.

He pushes me against the open door, clasping both of my wrists above my head with one hand. "Then don't say mean shit you don't mean. And don't heap your misplaced sibling abuse on me." he admonishes me lightly. "Be sweet to me," he trails a finger down my cheek, beneath my chin, and lifts my gaze to meet his, "and I'll be so good to you, Sweetheart."

I want him to be good to me, right here against this open door, but just then Marcy walks by. She doesn't even look at us, she just stops in the hall, her eyes still on her phone. "So about Madam—I'm all for it. You guys might even have enough sizzle to bury Trailbait. Try to do something high profile this weekend, ok?" She glances at us. Adam still has me pinned against the door. I become aware, I'm sort of...panting. Goddammit. "But not this. Nobody wants to see this."