Totally Worth Getting Sent to the Office

I woke up on Monday morning to the sound of my cell phone ringing obnoxiously. I stumbled out of bed, grabbed it off my floor and looked at the caller I.D. Jason. Anger boiled up inside of me. Really? I ignored the call and decided to get ready for the day.

      For breakfast I took the box of Raisin Brand and poured some into a bowl. Then I diced up a banana and threw it in with the cereal. I really didn’t feel like going to school today. Then I had work afterwards and…ugh.

      After a few bites of just chowing down food and dreading the day ahead of me, I realized how awful my taste buds felt. Raisins and bananas do not get along well. I choked down the rest of it and then brushed my teeth. Peter called driving privileges for the week.

      Once we got to school, Peter and I went our separate ways, each of us to our own locker. I was placing several books and notebooks in my locker when a guy—who had been pushed—knocked into my locker door, nicking me on the forehead pretty good, and knocking me off my feet. The breath was knocked out of me, and I tried to recover quickly, but it took a little longer than usual.

      “I’m really sorry, I didn’t—that guy, he’s a real jerk. I’m sorry you were caught in the line of fire he was blowing.” The guy who’d been pushed held out his hand to me. I took it gratefully and he helped me up. I looked over at the bully who’d pushed him, and saw no other than Jason. I set my jaw and looked away as he smirked at me.

      “Are you okay?” the boy asked. I nodded. “I’m Parker, by the way. And you are?”

      “Molly. I’m Molly. Good to meet you Parker.”

      His blue eyes shifted around the hallway. “Alright, well it sure was a pleasure to meet you Molly, but right now looks like the safest time to go back to class for me. See you around.”

      “Bye, Parker.” I responded rubbing my head. It felt hot, and was probably swelling. Boy, once I got my hands on Jason—well, I might enjoy that.

      The bell rang; the beginning of first hour, and my notification for being late. I scowled and finished putting my stuff in the locker. Then I picked out the junk I needed for the first three classes and started walking towards class.

      “Hey, Molly!”

      I turned around and saw Jason strolling towards me, my notebook carelessly swinging at his side. My hands became fists, but I just turned back around and ignored him.

*                          *                          *

      Luckily, I didn’t share any classes with Jason…before lunch. However, two of my three classes afterwards were infested with him. But it wasn’t those that bothered me now.

      I was sitting eating my lunch peacefully when he has to come and sit by me. I decided the best approach to a situation like this was to just pretend he wasn’t here. Until he put my notebook on the table in front of me.

      “What do you want, Jason?”

      “I wanna know what the hell is going on!” There was no smirk on his face, no twinkle in his eye. He was being serious. I swallowed hard.

      “What do you mean?” The words were barely out of my mouth before he snapped.

      “You know damn well what I mean. What is this Cancer shit?”

      I blinked. “You already know. As does half the school.” I didn’t like where this conversation was heading. Checking the time, I had 5 minutes before 5th hour class. I stood up and disposed of my extra food and tray. Jason followed me out to the hall and down another, more disserted hall, which is when he grabbed me by the arms and pushed me against the wall, staring into my eyes. I caught my breath in my throat. He looked almost angry.