Parker

Enjoy this chapter! It's not very long, but a lot is kinda revealed. I hope to get another update up in the next two weeks, but gimme some votes/comments to motivate me? Please? Thank you!!!! :) Love you all!!! :)))

      The car ride was unbearable. The silence pierced into my ears like knives into a turkey. I could just feel the radiation of frustration coming off of my mother like waves, and hear Peter’s music blasting through his ear buds. Dad just gripped the steering wheel, turning his knuckles white.

      I stared out at the trees and grass flying by us, not wanting to face a conversation. What a Christmas day! It had been my fault, too.

      “Molly.”

      I looked up at Dad’s gaze in the rear-view mirror. His blue eyes bore into mine, before glancing back at the road. “Your mother and I got you a present.” He said.

      I raised my eyebrows. “What?”

      He was silent for a moment, watching the road as Mom relaxed slightly. Then my mom answered my question. “We’re paying for you to go skydiving, and go on a mission trip with a nearby church group.”

      I blinked. “What?” I said. “I didn’t hear you.”

      Mom turned around in her seat and looked me in the eye as she repeated her previous statement. I grinned.

      “Seriously!?” When they both nodded with smiles across their faces. “Man, that’s awesome!!” I yelled.

      Peter grumpily pulled one of his earplugs out and looked around curiously.

      “Molly,” Mom started, but I was too excited already.

      “Where am I going?! When!? Oh, my goodness, this is going to be sooo much fun!”

      “Molly.”

      I stopped talking, barely holding in my excitement.

      “You’re going to Haiti to help the starving people there with a church group who’s also helping fund Kids Against Hunger.” Mom smiled here. “But you’re not traveling there with the group. You’re traveling by yourself in our friend’s private plane, and then you’ll skydive down into Haiti by yourself, and be met by the group.”

      I froze. “What…?!

*                          *                          *

      We got home and I immediately scurried to my room to blog about the most recent events, but when I got there, my computer was dead. I sighed in frustration, found the cable cord and plugged it in. While I waited for it to juice up, I got my phone from the nightstand and checked it. Two missed calls from Jason and one from Parker.

      I called Parker back.

      “Hey, how are you feeling?” I asked when he answered.

      “Molly! I didn’t even realize that was you! I’m feeling much better now that you’ve called.”

      I heard a familiar voice in the background saying “Who’s that?”

      “I gotta go, but you should come visit me tonight, Molly.” Parker said quickly, but before he hung up Steph’s voice broke through the receiver.

      “Molly? You that chick again?”

      “Yeah, it’s me…” I said a little confused.