Chapter 9

After my dad passed a few years ago it's been outta whack, then my mom wanted to send me to Instead we just moved here all together.. I miss my house, my room, my bed, my friends, everything I left behind in New York. Bill asked me to hang out with them today so we went to the arcade to get things off my mind.

———————

We got into the arcade, Eddie for some reason didn't speak two words to me, I just shrugged it off though and went to go play Street Fighters with Richie. We probably played for around an hour to an hour and thirty minutes, I beat him several times but I might of lost about twice.  Finally we went to go to some soda shop, I didn't pay much attention because I was hungry and I don't think when I'm hungry. We got fries for he table and Eddie seemed pretty fidgety. I didn't think much of it because he's always been like that. He got up and signaled me to go with, I went with him as I told the others I had to go to the bathroom. 

"Uh yo Ed's what's up?" I said wondering over to the little space between the two bathrooms.

"Uh you know what happened yesterday?" He fidgeted with the bottom of his shirt, rubbing the fabric between his two fingers.

"Er, how could I forget?" I didn't understand where this was going, like of course I remember yesterday we encountered a clown that almost tried and eat me.

"Well, I don't think we should tell the others until we find out if they have experienced it or not."

I nodded, "Well yeah I guess but why?" 

"I don't want to put more stress on them especially Bill he's clearly not in the mood since..."

"Yeah I get it well we better you know head back."

We headed back to the group, we chatted up about Bill and Beverly and how they hung out around the drug store, and Richie talking to a new girl named Mya. Honestly it was just a chill day and I almost forgot about the whole creepy clown thing.

———

We sat and ate as I notice Eddie brushed his hand against my thigh, I cringed and sort've shocked back. He looked at me with his puppy dog eyes and quickly apologized, "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't mean to."

I just laughed and nodded, "It's all right, just had me by surprise." We kinda had a moment like he looked in my eyes and l quickly looked away, I've never felt so uncomfortable my entire life. 

We left the soda shop and I followed Richie home since he lived down the street of our neighborhood and I didn't want Eddie to have to go out of his way. We stopped at my small house and he waved goodbye as I walked through the door. A sweet cinnamon scent. I went up stairs took a quick shower and slipped on some clothes. I got up and had the nerve to call one of my childhood friends from New York, Will.

(((A.u ha look another chapter bet you didn't see that coming, this chapter is actually prolly one of my longest ones and yeah thanks for reading- Beepohno))