Chapter 2

It was two days left until the interview. I had told Nikki the good news and she almost jumped on top of me. She made it feel a little less stressful and more like something exciting and new. I was curious to see how it would go but also nervous to see him again. I wondered how he would act against me. Would it be like the traditional worker - boss type of feeling or more personal? We would just have to wait and see.

I was sitting in the lunch room with a lot of other women. They all would always talk and gossip about the other workers or politicians. It's funny how they put women on the much more lower position than the men. No women got the high ranks, if they didn't have a man on their side. And it was the fricking 2000. People on the same rank would eat together. Some of them were higher than me. I usually don't say anything at lunch since it's all just unreliable gossiping but something caught my attention.

''Yeah so I went up and left my resume and she said I would get an email if I got accepted. Haven't gotten it yet!'' she sighted. A lot of ''me too'' could be heard around the big pack of women. Suddenly I felt a bit worried. Many of these women were very talented and higher ranked than me. But no one seemed to have been accepted yet other than me. This gave me a little hope.They started to babble on about how it would be like working for President Putin. Some spoke about the high status you could get and others simply sexualized the whole thing.

''I wonder when it is? Like is it soon?'' someone else asked. No one seemed to know. For the first time I felt like I was a bit above everyone else. I didn't think before I acted.

''It's on Friday'' I said while looking down into my food. Everyone became quiet and stared at me. I felt all of their disgusted and surprised looks but I wasn't moved. I felt a bit of confidence, this wasn't something I would usually do. They were looking at me as if they had never seen me before, which I was kinda used to at this point. The room was quiet until the same person asked.

''How do you know that?'' she snapped at me.

''Because I got accepted'' I'm still looking down into my food and feeling the angry looks.

''Did you get an email?''

''No the secretary told me right away when I gave her my resume'' The room fell quiet again.

''But how is that possible she said-...'' she continued when someone else interrupted.

''Don't you see, she is a y/l. They have always got whatever they wanted'' she sounded threatening and for a second I thought they all would beat me up. But Mrs. Aloyana who is 73 years old and worked for the republic her entire life stood up for me. She was very respected around all of the ranks. She even won an award for being loyal to the union.

''Ladies do you really think Putin is going to want some down at heel middle aged women?'' she laughed a little.

''He is gonna want a young beautiful women like y/n. Someone filled with potential and passion for life'' she smiled at me and I smiled back. It was a genuine smile, I couldn't be more happy about that comment she made. I didn't say anything but my smile said a thank you to Aloyana. The other women didn't like that at all and seemed more pissed now. I now got scared that I may have made a mistake. Did I just create a big group of enemies to worry about? I saw that my lunch time was over, as did others and we left our tables. I could hear the women whisper my name, but I didn't mind. They were just jealous that a ''nobody'' like me had a higher chance of getting a higher position. I hoped I would prove them I was worth more than they thought.

I met Nikki and told her about the whole thing. Her reaction made me a bit reliefed

''Ah fuck those old bitches!'' she said while we laughed together, I couldn't agree more with her. For the first time being young for me had become an advantage.