Chapter 4

This morning was a special morning. It would be the first day of my work as an assistant for the president. Last night I had told almost everyone I know about it, even my foster family. All of them were beyond happy for me and wanted to plan a celebration party just for me the same day, but I told them we should leave it for the weekend instead since I wanted to focus on my new work. Once again I had a pressure on me physical wise. I wanted to look as good as possible the first day. But I was also nervous about meeting Vladimir after I insulted him. I still can't wrap my head around why he still insisted on hiring me, I had told him f-you asshole straight to his face! But I guess he looked passed that, or did he? I just had to wait and see.

I put on a beige pink blouse and black tight skirt with leggings. Nothing too fancy but enough to make me fit in. For some reason I started curling and thickening my hair more than usual. It was mostly because I remembered Vladimir talking about how he loved women with volumed hair when I was a kid. I even remember him saying it looked better on me. Why did I care? It was like my inner self wanted to really impress him, but for what reason? I didn't have time to reflect on it, I just got out as soon as I was done.

Todays Moscow weather wasn't as bad as last week but it was very windy and I was pretty sure my hair would look a total mess when arriving.

When I got into Kreml it was 7.30, I was too early as always. But it was better early than late. So I got into the elevator and started to do my best to fix my tornado hair in the mirror. As I realized more and more that I was going meet president Putin face to face again I started to panic a little. I almost regretted it all and felt as if everything would have been better if I had just stayed where I was at work. But I couldn't stop now, this was my chance to prove that I wasn't just a shy and introverted girl. I could do so much more. Also a part of me was searching for answers about why Putin started neglecting me. Was it that embarrassing to let people know he knew me or was it just him not wanting to have anything to do with me?

The elevator stopped at the top level and once again I got to enter the big hall of artful gold. As I walked, I almost got so distracted by the beautiful walls that I almost tripped. It was very typical me to get distracted by other stuff when panicking, it was some sort of escape from reality.

I walked into the secretary room. No one was there, probably because people just started work.

''Hi again, you are early'' Mrs Ivanova greeted me with a smile.

''Hi, yeah typical me. I can't help it when I'm so nervous'' I couldn't believe I just said that. I never open up about how I feel to anyone, hardly even to Nikki. But there was something about her expressions and personal greetings that made me feel secured.

''Oh dear don't worry! Remember that president Putin once was in your position, just a normal young youth figuring out life.''

''I know'' I truly did know that, I even remembered it. ''Thank you'' I smiled at Mrs Ivanova and sat down on the couch. I tried to comfort myself by imagining it just being a normal meeting between me and a family friend. A family friend I so much missed, even the circumstances.

It was 10 minuts left until my meeting with the president, and I had to breathe slowly to not pass out. Suddenly it seemed like the secretary got a call and she replied

''Yes she is here. Right away sir''

My heart skipped a beat, it was finally time.

''The president is expecting you'' Ivanova smiled at me.

I got up and nodded at her as I entered the presidents room. As I walked in and closed the door I once again saw the mysterious man. He was leaning back in his chair with a paper in his hand. He didn't look nervous or tense whatsoever, more like the opposite.