Chapter 7

Chapter 7

(a note: the politician and big names (Except for Jaynie & Nikki whom are my closest friends) are actual people so if you wanna have a more clear picture in your head you can always google!! (: )

I arrived at the big castle like Kreml. Yesterday had been my first day as President Putins assistant and I had already gained a lot of experience. Not only about my own job but the President job itself. It was a lot of problem fixing and coming up with creative yet productive ideas. I started to understand more as to why Putin maybe stopped contacting me. He was way too busy to worry about his personal life. He even said it in an interview after he was elected that he hoped to go back to his old life after his presidency because it was such a busy job, and I understood him now.

I arrived at the president office.

''Good morning mr president''

''Morning'' Putin was sitting behind his desk as usual, focusing on getting everything organized. I smiled a bit at the view of him doing all the work I'm supposed to do. He is used to be more independent and having to rely on himself, but he didn't need to. I went over to him behind the desk. He almost didn't notice that I had walked up to him. I stood behind his chair when I leaned over to grab his hand. As I gently hugged his hand with mine he stopped completely.

''Sir you don't need to do all of this, it's my job. Let me help you'' He looked up to me with a confused expression. I gave him a soft smile as I removed my hand to get a chair. When I moved he still sat in the same position. He seemed a bit surprised by my sudden act.

As we sat together organizing todays work, there was a special kind of tension. It was like both of us were thinking of the same thing but waited for the other to bring it up. However I sensed something different from Putin. He seemed much more tired and distant, which was unusual for him. He had always been the most disciplined and alert one ever since his KGB days with my father. Something was up.

''I guess we are done now, thank you miss Y/l'' he said while rubbing his eyes.

''No problem sir''

There was still something we hadn't discussed yet, his wife. I guessed that was one of the reasons he was so exhausted. I couldn't help but to think about the many reasons behind their supposal divorce. Was it him who wanted it or her? From my view of him, it defiantly looked like it was from her side. He seemed beaten up. I got more worried for him when I noticed it more and more. It made me want to listen to him, hug him and help him through it, I just needed to ask him.

''Not to take away the focus off our work but do you feel like telling me about you and your wife? Not now of course but when you feel like it.'' I tugged my paper holder closer to me. It was risky to ask but he told me yesterday he was going to tell me so it wasn't me creeping in on his personal life. He paused a bit then turned to me.

''Maybe some other day or later tonight. I don't want tonights event to get ruined'' Suddenly I lost focus over my original thought.

''What events?'' I got confused.

''The big dinner tonight of course''

''What dinner?'' I didn't understand what he meant, it was just going to be a normal day at work, I never heard of a dinner.

''Wait didn't you get an invite through mail? Or email?'' Putin narrowed his eyes.

''No'' I felt embarrassed and my confidence fell to the bottom. I hadn't received any mail about a dinner. I always check my mail and email regularly and organized it every day.