Chapter 10

The meeting was early in the morning so I woke up extra early today while having the TV on. The media was still discussing about me, trying to figure out who I was and wether I had something special with President Putin or not. It was interesting to see other peoples point of view on me, most of them were positive and neutral. America seemed to have caught up on me a lot, but not in ways that I liked. They made a more erotic image of me by sexualizing not only me but the whole situation. While I was ironing my working outfit I watched different American newscasts interviewing Americans about me, wether they would sleep with me or not. It was disturbing and inappropriate which filled me with even more embarrassment as my cheeks flamed red. I had to turn off the TV to collect my thoughts. I had barely slept this night, the millions of emotions and changes in my life that took place yesterday was still being processed in my head, plus the fact that we were going to have a meeting about it today did not help. As I was putting on clothes Mrs. Ivanova rang me to my surprise.

''eh- Hello?'' I said nervously

''Goodmorning superstar how have you been?'' She said a bit excited. I chuckled in embarrassment.

''Haha I'm not a star Mrs Ivanova don't say that. It's killing me.'' I put my face in my palms as she laughed in the phone.

''Oh you youngsters, how you stress about everything.'' She said. ''You are probably wondering why I'm calling you. Well since your popularity rose, it isn't safe for you to travel with public transport which is why the state offered a free ride from one of our drivers every day you work.''

''Oh dear, thank you.'' I couldn't even argue with that. From the amount of attention I have gotten it felt a lot safer and comfortable to go with a private car.

''Alright your car will be there in 30 minutes is that okay?''

''Yes but-''

''What?''

I had to pause, I said but without thinking what I wanted to say.

''But I want to ask you since you have been working at Kremlin a lot longer than anyone else.'' I paused to see if she approved.

''Yes go on.''

''Are people bothered by it? Possibly mad at me?'' I sounded extremely insecure when I said it but at these times I saw Mrs Ivanova as some sort of grandma or auntie. She seemed to be one of few people who actually respected me outside of my actual friends.

''Oh little one how you worry. I'm going to be honest, I haven't discussed this with anyone here as it's a bit early and nothing seems out of the ordinary...Yet... But go to your meeting and you will find out. But don't beat yourself over it, maybe you did Kremlin a huge favor of finally showing the public a youthful woman instead of those boring old men.'' She said ironically. I laughed at the last bit as I felt a bit of ease.

''Thank you Mrs Ivanova, it means a lot that you say that.'' I said as I relaxed a bit.

''Of course my pretty one, now get ready. If they get mad then at least look good while it happens.'' She once again joked. I nervously laughed.

''Yes ma'm I definitely will.'' We hung up. She was right, I had showed the public an image that was never seen around Kremlin; a young woman with ambition who had claimed the status ladder thanks to her smart and personal mind. But in a country like Russia that wasn't always seen with optimism which was one of the reasons this meeting made me nervous.

I took the black luxury car to Kremlin. As I walked through the halls it was indeed quite empty especially since most people didn't work around Saturdays. As I got close to the doors to the meeting rooms I felt my arms and legs get shaky and nervous. My hands was sweaty and I felt like I had a fever as I shivered on the way. The door was slightly open and I could already hear mumbling and chatting from the room of many men. As I grabbed the door I held my breath as I opened the door open. In front of me was an upside down 'U' shaped table that had a chair in the middle which probably was meant for me. As I entered the mumbling and chatting stopped and everyone turned to look at me. I noticed it wasn't only the media minister... but every minister there was. They were probably curious about the drama and thought it would be entertaining. I took a step forward with my hard grip of my handbag. I looked around the room and nodded to the people who was nodding at me, they all seemed to study me, either with serious face expressions or with smirks. My face landed on the minister of economy, Maxim. He gave me one of his teeth crushing smiles as even he felt the tension, but it made me feel a bit eased until my eyes landed on President Putin who was sitting back on his chair leaning on his side. He still didn't seem happy with me, as his eyes and expression lacked any type of emotions or sympathy. It made my anxiety even worse as I remembered our last moment together. Putin seemed to be very sensitive to rejection as he seems to shut off as soon as it happens. He did try to call after me when I left his office but I completely ignored it.