Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Cale sighed as his new bitch lay in his arms, limp as a newborn kitten. Her breathing was rough, evidence of their recent love making. Gently untangling her hair he murmured out loud, “When do you want pups my dear? I wish I could pup you now...”

His sigh was one of wistfulness. Fawn didn't respond, hoping she was one of those females who was barren. 'God I want kids but I don't want want his!' she whimpered as he shifted, the movement hurting her tender belly. “Sorry little one.” she could almost snort. 'He hurts me then says sorry?' she felt his hand on her back making small lazy circles, “I need you to allow Lilly and my mother around you today, they need to see if I have caused any damage with how rough my wolf was with you.”

Slowly he laid her on the bed and kissed her cheek, “I will be back tonight.” as he moved away Fawn wanted to scream. She wanted to run and most of all she wanted to kill herself for letting a werewolf touch her. 'The Lone Wolf isn't what she is made out to be...' an unintentional whine escaped her mouth as the door opened, not looking to see who it was just in case it was Cale.

“Dear Lunar god!” someone exclaimed, “Brother has done a number on her.” 'Brother?' she felt a hand on her shoulder making her flinch and whine. “Sh...my name is Astrid, my mother called me here to heal you.” looking up she came face to face with a young female with golden eyes. Her dark drown hair hung over her shoulder in a long braid, golden eyes danced with concern.

“Don't worry, he's afraid I'll place a curse on him if he comes near me. I've been training as a witch in Ireland with my fathers grandmother.”

“Damn boy! I meet him once in my life time and he has done more than I think we can fix.” looking over at a elder looking woman she instantly felt at ease with them. “Fawn right? Good name, lets see the damage.”

Astrid helped her sit up so the woman could prod her tender belly. “No internal damage, just sore. That means the pup will have to hold his urges until your fully headed without harming you farther. Take this.” she swallowed a large blue pill with some difficulty. “It's for the pain. You'll be numb in that area for a few days but no pain!” a tray was brought in by Lilly, the food making her mouth water.

“If I hear you right, Diani, she's not pupped correct?” Zyra asked, stepping into the room after the maid.

“Not to my knowledge but if you like I can search her aura in a few days after the pill wears off. If she is then I want her to be taken from his nightly 'play' and placed in a room where she can actually sleep. Unless the pup can keep his hands to himself? Didn't think so.” she growled as Zyra rolled her eyes.

“Sleep little one, he won't be touching you for awhile.” after eating and getting help form Astrid to relieve herself she was curled up under the blankets fast asleep.

Cale cringed as the females entered his fathers study. Jace had the same look.

“Cale Fragen! What the hell were you thinking?! Letting your wolf have control is dangerous, even if she has had training!” his mother snarled, taking the back of his scruff and shaking it slightly like he was a naughty pup.

He could see the shock in his fathers eyes again a bit of anger, “What were you thinking at the time son?” he asked, calmly pulling his mother into his lap and restraining her.

“She wouldn't allow me to even touch her so I did what me and my wolf thought was best and Fawn isn't hurt, right?” a snarl erupted from his mother as she cussed him out in the nine wolven tongues mixed.

“Pup.” he turned to see his sister and great grandmother, “She could be pupped right now and what happened can damage the pup. She fears you and what do you think the pup would get from her?” watching the woman sit in one of the unoccupied chairs he waited for more for something good to come of all this, “But I don't think I is just you she fears. Something in her eyes screams distrust about me and your sister too. It could be she is fearful of werewolves or she could just fear males, whatever it is I need you to find out and help her unless you wish your pups to die when they challenge the breeding world.”