The Royal Love : The Royal Mate Series - Chapter 8 - Confessions

I know I uploaded this story finally! It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do and how I wanted Cale to break the news to her and how I wanted him to find out about her past and all so...yeah...happy readings!

Cale gently rubbed his bitch’s head. She was reading a book as he pretended to work on the daily papers but the only thing he could focus on was how her scent had changed. No one had told her yet but the bout of bone weary sickness had been brought on by the fact that she was pupped, a week through to be exact.

Before he told her he wanted to test his theory. He was more than certain that she feared werewolf males but he wanted to know why so he could work on fixing it. As the time for lunch neared he pulled the book from Fawn’s hands and cradled her in his arms, “It is time to eat little one.” He whispered into the crook of her neck.

As he expected her emotions spiked and she squirmed uneasily on his arms. They had gotten closer over her sickness but at times she seemed to forget that he would not hurt her on purpose and would flinch, cry out or whimper whenever he touched her intimately.

With that in mind he had to start his test. Leaving her on the bed to enter the bathing room he sent the silent command to one of the guards to allow the ten werewolves into the room, they would be allowed to sniff at her and mill around but not allow to touch her.

Cale sighed as she shrieked. They had entered the room. He peeked out to see her huddled against the far wall with the small pelt her had given her clutched tightly to her chest.

One of the men chuckled, “What is it my lady? Are you scared?” Fawn flinched back against the wall when one of the large wolves came closer, not quite touching.

“Is there something you want to say my lady?” she closed her eyes and shook. Her whole body shivered. Deciding it was enough he ordered the men out with a mind command and reentered the room once they were gone.

Fawn whimpered when Cale entered the room once the wolves were gone. Was he going to do what they did too? He slowly crawled onto the bed and offered her his hand, “Sh…tell me what is wrong little one.”

Slowly she took his hand and let him embrace her. She watched as his warm hand gently wiped away her tears and cradled her cheek. Should she tell him? If she did would he look at her like the whore she felt she was?

“M-my mother and I were rescued by your mother, I was only three at the time and you would have been four. When I reached the age of fourteen I began my training, wanting nothing more then to be strong like Zyra but in the end I couldn’t stop anything.

“I took her out so she could go pick herbs for the wounded but didn’t pay a lot of attention to my surroundings. The next thing I knew her and me were being attacked by rouge werewolves.

“I was first, they ripped into me worse than you did, causing me so much pain that I blacked out from the lack of oxygen. When I came to my mother was being raped and when they had their fill of her she was ripped apart, all the while they watched me with grins.

“I think I would have suffered the same fate if a pack of The Wolves had not been in the area looking for us. The rouges ran and I haven’t seen them since.”

Cale lowered his head. He was beyond pissed that this had happened to his female. She was his and only his to play with! For someone to have taken her before him was painful to know but also it meant he could have some claim problems in the future if they ever showed up.

Gently licking away her salty tears he whispered soothing words into her ear until she had calmed enough to hear what he had to say. “I may not be a pure man Fawn but I would never do something like that to you. I know I did it when we first rutted but I swear by my honor that it will never happen to you again.”

Fawn stayed stiff in his arms, seeming to be thinking about something. “You swear?” she finally whispered, voice slightly hoarse due to her crying.

“I swear upon my honor that while you are in my care that you will never be harmed like that again.” He expected more tears, he expected her to tell him he was lying, he also expected her to hit him but none of that happened. Instead she simply turned in his arms to straddle his lap and hugged him.

Her small arms wrapping around his neck and her warm breath scrapping past his ear surprised him. “Thank you.” She whispered.

When she had disentangled herself from him and finally dressed he decided it was time to tell her. “Fawn?” her golden brown eyes looked back at him, “I need you to know that…your sickness was caused by…well by our pup.”