Chapter 1

Harry's P.O.V.

There she is once again enveloped in a large book reading with interest as she sits in the common room by the fire. I hold the rose in my hand hoping that all will go well. I've loved Hermione for a while now and I finally have the courage to ask her out. Again I'm hoping this goes well because if it doesn't I don't know what I'm going to do. I walk over and she doesn't notice that I'm standing there. I laugh to myself 'only Hermione' I think. I clear my throat to get her attention and it works. She looks up and I find myself enchanted by those beautiful brown eyes. "Hey Harry" she says happily I break out of my daze and I smile at her. "Hi Hermione." She instantly knows that somethings up. "Something wrong Harry?" she asks as she tries to peer behind my back to see what I'm holding. I bring out the rose and I hand it to her she looks confused but I push forward. "Hermione do you think it would be okay if we talked in private for a minute I promise you'll be back to your book in no time." I rushed the last part I'm extremely nervous. "Yeah sure let's go." she says as she shrinks the book and puts it in her pocket. She gets up off the couch and we head towards the portrait. 

I lead Hermione towards the forest she gives me a weird look. "Just follow me." She nods and we continue walking. I take her to a spot I found a few weeks ago on the edge of the Forbidden Forrest the best part is that you have a great view of the lake especially when the sun sets I lead her to a bench swing I conjured when I first found this place. " Wow Harry this is beautiful." Hermione says. I look at her as we sit down "Hermione." I say and she looks back at me once more I'm mesmerized by her eyes. "Yes Harry" she responds she sounds a bit worried. I take hold of her hand and take a deep breath once more praying that this goes well. "Hermione there's been something I've been wanting to tell you but I've been super afraid to." Hermione smiles "It's okay Harry you can tell me I won't bite your head off." She laughs and I chuckle nervously. "Look Hermione the thing is... Ihavefeelingsforyou." I say super rushed. Hermione gives me a strange look "Harry I'm going to need you to say that again I couldn't understand a word you said come on you can tell me." I take a deep breath and I start talking again. "I have feelings for you Hermione." She let's go of my hand and I know it's over "Harry I-" I cut her off I know the reason why and I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier. " It's ok Hermione I know I'm not Ron." with that I stand up and leave tears filling my eyes not knowing what to do now.

Hermione's P.O.V.

I sat there not knowing what to do I felt terrible I had no idea that Harry was feeling this way. I don't know what to do I haven't even thought of Harry like that. I've always felt a connection to Ron and I think we have the chance of making something happen, but I don't know what to do now. I get up from the bench just as the sun starts setting it truly is a beautiful sight, I just wish I could've said something to Harry but he was right in his assumption I was going to bring up Ron. I just hope Harry's okay. I get up and start to head back to the common room hoping that things won't be to awkward between Harry and I. 

When I arrive back I find Ron sitting on a couch near the fireplace. He looks up as he hears me walk in and I smile at him. "Mind joining me Hermione?" I nod my head as I sit next to him. He takes hold of my hand and I look at him the reflection of the fire shimmering in his eyes. "There's been something I wanted to talk to you about." I nod nervously it's the second time I hear this line today. "Well Hermione you see the thing is I've been thinking about you a lot recently and I think with all the time we've been spending together recently that I've developed feelings for you. So what I was wondering was would you want to be my girlfriend?" I look at Ron with shock everything I was thinking about earlier completely leaving me as I hug him saying yes over and over again. He pulls back a little and kisses me. As we kiss I hear the portrait open and I turn to see who was walking in and I see jet black hair running back out. I rush out as fast as I can but when I make it to the hall he's already gone. I walk back to Ron crying and he's wondering what's going on. I tell him about Harry and what he had told me a few hours ago. "Don't worry about it Hermione he'll get over it eventually just give him some time." I nod and thank Ron for staying with me. Eventually I grow sleepy and I kiss Ron goodnight before heading up to my dorm hoping that Harry and I can talk.