Chapter 2

(About twenty minutes later)

"That's ridiculous. Here are too many people. We'll never find him." Tony grumbled. "Hey! Over there!" Gibbs whispered. He was right. The man they knew from the photos on the flat screen stood right in front of them.

They took their guns out. "NCIS! Do not move!" Bishop shouted. "Put your hands on your head and turn slowly around!" The guy turned around, a big grin on his face. "Alright, get on your knees." Why was the man smiling? He was about to be arrested. Bishop focused on him.

"Everybody stay calm!" McGee told the confused people who were walking around on the Navy Yard. The man got slowly on his knees and his grin became bigger and bigger. "Fine" DiNozzo put his gun away and walked towards the suspect. He pulled out his handcuffs.

Suddenly everything seemed to happen in slow motion. Gibbs shouted: "Everybody get down!" The suspect put his hand inside his jacket to pull out a gun. He punched DiNozzo with it.

While Tony was falling down, the man shot twice. Tony heard six following shots. He couldn't see if anyone was hurt.

When he dashed against the ground, he saw a woman, in the other edge of the Yard. She just stood there; she didn't seem terrified by the gun shots. He knew her.

His pulse vibrated. Like through a wall of cotton, he could hear his boss shouting his name. Every single part of his head hurt. When he tried to open his eyes, he could see nothing but blurred lines.

"Tony!" Bishop and McGee started saying his name to wake him up. Gibbs slapped softly his cheek and Tony wanted to answer that he was awake, that they don't have to worry about him, but everything that came out of his mouth was a suffering noise.

"He must have hit him pretty hard!" Bishop said. "I'll call an ambulance" McGee replied. DiNozzo wanted to disagree, he tried to open his mouth, but then everything went black.

The people around were really terrified. There was a dead man laying on the ground and nearly next to him another man.

Was he dead, too?

Most of them didn't saw much of what happened. They just heard gun shots. Everyone wanted to see the body.

"Could you please leave here? Just leave. Get on with whatever you were doing. Thank you." The NCIS agents showed their badges and tried to keep the people away from the crime scene.

The woman at the other end of the Navy Yard watched them. She knew all of them, except the blonde new female Agent. The others called her Bishop and probie. But probie wasn't her name. The woman knew what probie meant. She knew a lot.

Finally she turned around and walked away from the Navy Yard, away from the crime scene, away from the agents she knew once. They all didn't change much.

But she did. Because she thought that was what she wanted. She made her own decisions and started a whole new life.

And nevertheless, she was back. Back, in Washington DC, although she had promised herself never to come back.

No one had noticed her, not even the security cameras. She knew how to hide; she knew how to stay unrecognized. It had been part of her job.

The question was just, how long she wanted to stay undetected.

She walked down the street, entered in her car and drove along the route. As usual, she drove really fast, because that was the best way to avoid bombs.

Meanwhile back in the Navy Yard, Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo got put into the emergency ambulance with a fracture of the cranial bone. He woke up for a few seconds. "Ziva..." he said weakly. Then he closed his eyes again.