Princes Sword Lessons

In the courtyard, two teenagers stood one was Callum, the other a Head Guard with light brown hair and blue eyes.

"Prince Callum. Today we focus on the art......" The Head Guard says, bringing out a wooden sword.

He was cut off by Callum who smiles happily, as he says putting his bag on the ground and placing his hands on his hips.

"Art! Finally something I'm good at."

The Head Guard crosses his arms with the wooden sword, frowning at how he was interrupted by the other teenager. Callum freezes at the look then sees the sword, he then removes his hands off of his hips and puts his hands up in a surrendered way.

"Sorry, sorry. Won't interrupt again." He apologies, putting one foot back before motioning him to say something which he doesn't. "Please.....continue, Soren."

Soren stays quiet for three seconds, raising both brows when he realized Callum wouldn't interrupt anymore. He continued with what he was saying.

"The art of defense is critical in sword-fighting." He whipped the wooden sword ay Callum who stepped back in response, hands in a surrender motion. "Parrying is about angle, motion, anticipation.....Misjudge your opponent, and it's over." Soren then thunked Callum on the forehead with the wooden sword, making the boy hold his forehead in pain. "You ready?"

Soren holds out the wooden sword by the handle to Callum, who stares at with the wooden sword with worry. He holds it in his hand and when Soren was sure he had a good hold of it, he let go only for it to drop to the ground. Callum winces in embarrassment and reaches down to grab it, struggling a few times before finally grabbing it and standing upright answering Soren's question with distaste.

"Um....I'm going to have to say no."

Soren rolls his eyes and turns around, grabbing onto his own wooden sword.

"Great. Let's do this." Soren sighs out, not in the mood to teach his prince this at all.

A few people turn to watch the sword lesson, Callum tries to whack the sword at Soren who just parrys.

"Parry, parry, parry......You're dead." Soren tells the boy, as he whacks him in the chest with the wooden sword.

Soren crosses his arms over his chest and watches as Callum falls on the ground, Callum looks up and notices Soren's smug face and glares. Callum gets up and swings his wooden sword at Soren once again.

"Parry, parry......You're dead." Soren hits Callum's head this time, making his prince drop his sword.

Callum kneels down to get it but Soren hits his head again.

"Parry. Dead."

"Ow!" Callum exclaims, rubbing his head and looks to the side before looking up at Soren. "Really? Are you sure? Even if I was wearing armor?"

Soren put the wooden sword on his armored shoulder, resting a hand on his hip as he says in a cocky manner.

"Even if you were wearing the rarest legendary armor, forged by Sunfire elves....." He leans down towards Callum's face and says in a stage whisper. "Super dead."

Callum scoffs and shakes his head, looking down at the ground with a frown.

"I'm terrible at this."

"Yep." Soren agrees immediately and holds out his hand for his prince. He then pulls up Callum and continues. "But you have to practice anyway because that's what's expected of a prince."

Callum then turns around and bends down picking up his sword, as Soren clears guys throat crossing his arms over his chest as he says.

"Or a step-prince, actually."