The Warning

It was morning at the castle in the west wing, a man with gray hair and a beard stands in front of a mirror. Looking at it with questioning eyes, wondering what use it is. He touches the strange wording on the mirrors wooden frame, as he mutters a small spell to which nothing happened.

His attention was drawn away from the mirror, by rapid knocking on the door. Making him towards his head towards it as someone exclaimed.

"High Mage! Please, it's urgent!"

The High Mage picks up a blue blanket and tosses it onto the mirror, turning to the door as the knocking grew more rapid. He opens the door and there stood the guard with blackish/red hair slouched over and tired from running for so long.

"Lord Viren! I've seen something." The guard told him with sadness and concern.

Lord Viren sees this and he turns serious, after hearing what the guard had to say he makes his way to the king's chambers. The two guards who are guarding the king's chambers see him, one puts his foot forward and holds out his hand.

"Lord Viren, uh.........King Harrow hasn't risen yet." The guard said nervously.

Lord Viren ignores what the guard has told him and slams both of the doors open, steadily marching towards the drapes that hid the sun's light in the room. Once Lord Viren opens all the drapes to let the sunlight in, a green and blackbird sings making the king groaned. The King sits upon his grand bed as he tries to find a comfortable spot.

"Viren, didn't I tell you if you ever woke me up this early again......" The King pauses to situate himself, he turns his head and narrows his eyes on Lord Viren. "I'd have you executed."

Lord Viren jumps a little at this and then clears his throat shaking his head a little, as he says.

"I'll give you a moment."

Then he walks out of the room onto the balcony, where a bird's nest was at. Lord Viren stares at the rising sun calmly, trying to gather his thoughts on the matter at hand and how to tell his king. The King walks out onto the balcony carrying his bird on his arm, petting it softly as The King begins to question Lord Viren's motive for waking him up.

"So, what's so important that you come into my bedroom risking your life like this?"

Lord Viren takes in a deep breath as he tilts his head side to side, before finally looking at his king.

"Assassins." He simply supplied.
"I see." The King hums, putting his bird in the nest like the stand.

"A scout on patrol discovered them just before dawn." Lord Viren continues, now looking at the bird.

The King hears discomfort and concern in his voice and turns his attention to Lord Viren, as he says.

"Well, don't look so grim. We've fought off plenty of assassins." He then turns to his bird and says. "Haven't we Pip."

Lord Viren shakes his head as the stats.

"It's different this time." He turns to his king and continues. "We believe they're Moonshadow elves."

The King stops petting his bird and looks down at the ground, thinking deeply on the matter before the questions Lord Viren about the scout.

"Moonshadow elves? How did the scout escape?"

"I don't know. It was muddy, wet, dark...Somehow he got very lucky." Lord Viren explains to his king.

"The Crown Guard won't be enough to hold them off." The King says seriously, seeming to come to a conclusion about something. "Send for General Amaya and the Standing Battalion."

"The Breach is too far. They'll never make it back in time." Lord Viren tells his king, looking down at the ground trying to come up with a solution to save his king.

The King and Lord Viren look at the sky, and the king had a thought as he questions his mage.

"What's tonight's moon?"

"Full."

The King chuckles darkly.

"Of course it is." He mutters under his breath.

"With the Moonshadow elves at the height of their power, no defense will stand against them." Lord Viren explains to the king, looking back at him with concern.

The King seems to have a plan formed in his head already, as he says.

"Then we won't defend. We will attack." Then continues on as he looks forward. "We must fight them today, in the light of the sun, and stop them before it's too late."