The Chase

A guard was on duty walking around in the woods, he was soaking wet because of the rain he hears something rustling in the trees and bushes. The guard aims his crossbow towards the sound, shouting with authority.

"Who's there!?"

When nothing happens he starts to get nervous but nonetheless, continues on ordering whoever was on the kingdom's grounds.

"Declare yourself, in the name of King Harrow!"

He waited a few minutes seeing nothing but shadows of the trees, lightning crackled in the sky showing a bunch of elves all staring at him. The guard shouts in fright accidentally letting an arrow loose, almost hitting an elf. The elf man stares at the arrow that embedded itself into a tree near their heads, then to the guard as he fell to the ground.

The guard gets up then starts to run to the castle painting. The elf man stares after him for a few seconds before he disappeared, he turned his attention to the shortest elf there was. He nodded his head at the shortest elf, giving her the go-ahead to follow the guard.

The elf immediately started to run after the guard with such speed and agility. The guard trip and falls on to the ground, getting up again determined to reach the castle. The elf jumped from tree to tree, catching up to him with ease as the elf was now on top of him.

The guard sees this, his eyes widen in shock as he pushes himself harder. The elf jumps on the ground and pulls out a blade, hearing this the guard stops. He turns around pulling his crossbow at the elf, his eyes wide in shock and fear began creeping in slowly. The guard aims his bow everywhere when he sees nothing, he seemed even more confused and scared. Panting heavily from the running, he wondered where the elf was at.

The elf comes out of nowhere, kicking the crossbow away from him. In shock he yelps and falls into a muddy ditch, causing him to cry out in surprise and pain. The guard sits up and turns around finding the elf standing in front of him, he gets out his sword when he sees the elf his going in for a blow. The guard parries it but the elf somehow made it fall from his grip, he finds himself with two swords at his neck.

"Please!" He exclaims in fright.

The elf doesn't do anything, but seemingly stare down at the ground. The elf's hood making it hard to see any of the features of the elf at all. The guard with blackish/red hair and hazel eyes stares up at the elf as he whispers to the elf.

"Who are you?"

The elf looks up and he sees her pale purple skin and violet eyes, her face showed no emotion as she looked down at the red-haired guard. She tried to process the look on his face, but when lightning crackled through the night sky. She saw the terror on his face making her eyes widen in fright.

The blackish/red-haired guard sees this and squints his eyes, not knowing what was going through the very young elf's eyes. He starts to crawl backward, noticing she wasn't doing anything to stop him. Getting up he grabs his helmet along the way, as he kept on staring at her in confusion and shock.

The blackish/red-haired guard let out a breath, he couldn't help but continue to stare at the young girl elf. Finding her very intriguing yet terrifying, this whole situation seemed very odd to him. When she looked away from him, he understood that she was letting him go.

He turned around and ran away still panting from the run. The elf watches him go and looks down at her swords.