Dinner with the Human *Chapter 21*

• Dedicated to My True Friends<3

I'm a Human Girl with a Vampire Boyfriend!

By: LoveLover

Chapter 21

Dinner with the Human

Kasey introduced me to everyone and I'll be surprised if I remember all of their names.

Everyone is going to a diner to get an early dinner, but I don't really want to go. I sit on the couch and watch all of them file out of the room. Kasey looks over at me when they all have gone.

"Why aren't you getting ready?" he asked me.

I shrug and just lay back on the couch.

"Babe do you not want to go?" he asked, sitting down on the arm by my head.

"Not really. They don't like me Kase" I pouted.

I hear him sigh and look up. He looks more tired than I've ever seen him before. "Heaven, my family is hard to please. If we don't go to the diner than they will treat us horribly and it'll be worse than this. Can you please just get ready? It won't be that terrible."

I groan and get up. "Fine, but you owe me!" He smiles and follows me to our room to get ready.

Kasey stops the car in front of the diner and looks over at me. "Please smile baby."

I sigh dramatically and smile. I give him a quick kiss and then open my door. He does the same and takes my hand. I look around and then ask, "Where are we?"

"Vampire diner. You didn't expect my family to go to a human diner did you?" he asked, trying to sound light.

"Am I going to be uncomfortable baby?" I asked, nervous.

He looks sympathetic and nods slightly. "Just don't leave my side and ignore everyone but me and my family, ok?"

I nod and he opens the door of the diner. The strong smell of blood hits me as we walk through the door. I see a lot of vampires and after I take a couple steps into the diner, they smell me. I feel Kasey's hand tighten on mine when he sees them looking at me.

We find his family smack in the middle of the diner and take our seats. I take the seat next to Elizabeth and Kasey sits on my other side next to his cousin, Jessy. Jessy is the same height as Kasey and has short, black hair and pretty green eyes. He seems nice but is too quiet to tell.

"So we already talked to the waiter about Heaven and she said they only have salad for her. I hope that is ok" Kasey's mom said. Her name is Fiona and she has black hair that goes down to her butt. She has the same blue eyes as Elizabeth and a gorgeous face.

"That's fine" I said, looking at all the wine glasses filled with blood. I feel my stomach turn and look away.

I feel something brush my shoulder and look up. A boy winks down at me and then looks at Kasey. "Who's the human man?"

Kasey looks at him and doesn't look pleased to see the boy. "She's my girlfriend. Back off Sin."

Sin laughs and his dark brown eyes laugh too. He brushes a hand through his shaggy, brown hair and shakes his head. "Never thought you were into that" he said.

"Shut up and walk away before you piss me off too much" Kasey said, looking down at his menu again.

"Do you really need to look at that menu? Your meal is sitting right next to you" Sin said.

I hear a growl come from Kasey and he stands up quickly. He grabs Sin's throat and Jessy, Elizabeth, and Jessy's brother, Cody stand up.

"Son, you're making a scene" Kasey's dad, Rye, said. He has grey eyes like Kasey but light brown hair instead of black.

I reach up and put a hand on Kasey's arm. He looks down at me and let's go of Sin.

"Get out of here" Elizabeth said to him and he backs away after a moment of hesitation.

Everyone sits back down and after a moment a conversation starts up again.

I lean close to Kasey and whisper in his ear, "I'm sorry I always cause problems."

He shakes his head and says, "It's not you. It's the way vampires are. Don't think it's your fault at all ok?"

I nod and take a drink of the water the waiter brought for me.

The waiter starts taking everyone's orders and it's mostly raw animal meat. I try to hide my face of disgust and take a drink of water to calm my stomach.

"So Heaven and I have something to tell you guys" Kasey said.

"What is it?" Fiona asked.

"I've asked her to marry me and she has said yes" he said, smiling at me. I blush and look down at the ring on my finger.

"Congratulations son" Rye said and claps. Everyone else joins in and I look up to see everyone smiling. I thought they would be disappointed Kasey was marrying so young and marrying a human at that.

Then, "How old are you Heaven?" Fiona asked me.

I sigh and say, "Seventeen."

She shakes her head and says, "You can't get married at seventeen."

"Mom, stop" Elizabeth said, glaring at her.

Everyone goes quiet and the food comes out. No one says anything as their food is put in front of them. When the waiter walks away, they all start eating. I pick at my salad in silence.

Kasey and I walk out to the car after dinner. We wave goodbye to everyone and get in the car. We drive home without any conversation. He turns on the radio and we listen to it in silence until we get home.

We get out of the car and he asks me, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just upset I guess" I explained.

He gives me a huge hug and whispers, "I love you and nothing else matters Heaven."

I nod and he leads me up to our apartment. I jump in the shower as soon as I get in the room.

When I get out of the shower I run up to Kasey and give him a big hug. "I love you so much baby" I said.

He laughs and hugs me back. "I'm guessing your shower went well?"

I pull back and smile. I give him a sweet kiss and then step away to look in the fridge for some lemonade. "Do you want some?" I asked Kasey as I pull the carton out of the fridge.

"No thanks. I drank a lot of blood at dinner" he said.

I gag and laugh. He shakes his head and sticks his tongue out at me.

"Babe?" Kasey asked.

"Yeah?" I take a drink of the lemonade and look up at him.

He places his hands on my hips and asks, "Do you want to dance?"

I laugh and put my glass down. "Sure. Where's the music?"

He goes to the radio next to the TV and turns it on. He finds a nice slow song and grabs my hand and waist. I place my hand on his shoulder and start dancing with him. After a couple steps I realize we're doing the butterfly waltz. I remember the steps quickly because of a wedding I was in.

I smile up at him as we move around the room together, perfectly. I listen to the peaceful music and stare off into Kasey's beautiful grey eyes. I love him so much.

Sorry it took so long again! I've been so busy! I'm a Junior now and my boyfriend is now going to my school. I also been having problems. My "best friend" stabbed me in the back by going after my boyfriend. Now we're not friends and I'm dealing with my boyfriend's ex too. Then I'm having problems with my family. So it's been fun :P Anyways I hope you enjoyed it! Comment and vote please! :)