Apologize

It had already passed a week since I told Drew to think with me of an idea to make a change. We had nothing by that time, which upset us but did not bring us down. My mom was kind of worried about me; she said I spent a lot of time in my room, and, to her, that was weird. Maybe it seemed like that, but I basically ignored her.

Drew and I had decided to, when we found something that would fit with what we wanted to do, we would be together every day a couple hours to design it all. We needed to find an idea though, and we could not. We were kind of disappointed with ourselves; we had thought that it would be easier to find something. And that situation was stressing.

I was not studying as I should have been. I was studying, but just a bit, enough to pass, but not enough to get good marks. My best friend Kathy had noticed that, and she was really worried about me. I did not know why, or what she was thinking about, but I knew she was worried. She would ask me all the time if I was okay or not, she would tell me that I could count on her if I needed anything...

I was divided. I knew I should tell her, because she was my best friend, and I usually told her everything, therefore I felt guilty. But also I should not tell her because she probably would not understand, and would think I was crazy or something like that, so I felt fear. My mind was a mess. My feelings were a mess. I did not know how to work on that, actually.

If that was not enough, I was falling in love with Drew. I thought that it was because I was spending a lot of time with him those days, but my feelings grew with distance too. Would not you feel like a mess in that situation? I had enough reasons to feel like a mess, that is what I thought anyway.

Oh, about the Spanish test, I failed, of course. Thankfully, my mom did not punish me for that. She told me that if that happened again, she would punish me though. That made me put more effort into studying. I thought over and over about studying, and I decided that I had to study.

------------------------------

It was Saturday, and I was going to go with Drew to try to find new ideas. All the ideas we had thought were... just horrible, impossible to work with.

I guess I have not described Drew physically yet. He had short black spiky hard, blue eyes, and he was thin. About his personality I have already said a bit though.

We shared some opinions of the things we could do, but we did not get anything clear from that anyway.

"This is so complicated!" Screamed Drew, frustrated. "I know it's worth it, but, God, I thought it'd be easier!"

"Calm down, Drew," I said trying to calm him down, but my efforts did not work very well. "We'll find something soon, I hope so."

We decided to walk around my high school, maybe we would think about something there, we could not know, so we decided to try. We thought it might be a good idea, but we were dead wrong. We were definitely dead wrong. We should not have gone there; not at all.

There, at the high school, we unfortunately found our enemies. They were called Jack, Bryan, Bill, Andrew and Ethan. We both hated them, and a lot. It was impossible to hate them more than we did. I am sorry, I do not like hating anyone. It is not right to hate people, but it was not right what they did. I could not stand them. I should tell you why I hated them:

I have not told you the reason of James' death yet.

James was having a really hard time at high school. The five guys I have told you about were making his life impossible. They were insulting him, hitting him, teasing him... without any rest for James. The first five months, he could stand all that, even though it was hard for him. Drew and I both tried to make them stop bullying him, but we could not. We thought that James was okay, and that for him it was not a big deal. We thought he was coping with it really well, because he seemed as happy as always. How were we to know he was faking?