Dead Man On Campus

It was a dark night, as Katherine stood on the town square's clock tower. She couldn't take the information that she was dying of old age and it couldn't be stopped, so she was going to kill herself. It was better than dying of old age or waiting to die. Besides, it wouldn't be the first time. She had killed herself in a cabin back in England 1492. That's how she had become a vampire. Besides, ever since Nadia being torn from her arms and Klaus, the impulsive hybrid, her life had been hell. It was even worst now. If she wasn't dying of old age, she could deal with being human with Damon to protect her, but she was. And she was tired of running after 500 years of doing so. Damon could protect her from enemies, sure, but not from time. So, she would do it.

She turned around so she was facing the clock. She then closed her eyes and let herself fall. As she fell, she felt the wind, which felt really good. It almost felt like flying.

She expected pain and then darkness, but she didn't. So, she opened her eyes to see why, only to see that Damon had caught her.

He set her on her feet.

"What the hell are you doing trying to kill yourself?" he asked.

"I can't live like this. I'm dying of old age and it can't be stopped. Time is catching up with me. I'd rather kill myself now than to die of old age from something I can't escape."

"We'll figure something out. Until then, no more trying to kill yourself."

"Fine," she said.