Chapter 28

Authors note: so I think I'm going to end this here. Or at least take a break for a while. Been struggling to get back into it and maybe if I can find time to rewatch The Mentalist I'll get more inspiration but until then, I'll give this an open ending for the time been.

As the weeks and months went by, Lisbon had finally agreed to see another therapist, with Jane by her side as promised; it had took a while but once she eventually started opening up completely, little by little, she found herself feeling more like herself again. She'd relished in the time she had with her daughter, she made plans and regularly took off to the cabin most weekends; now on the eve of Matilda's first birthday, she was stood at the side of the crib, watching her daughter sleep.

"You okay?" Jane whispered, standing behind her with his arms around her waist and his chin resting on her shoulder.

"I cant believe she's going to be one tomorrow; it's gone so quick"

"It has" he agreed. "But we're all in a better place now; you're back to my quirky, fun Lisbon again"

"I'm not so sure about that but I'm trying"

"I know you are" he said, turning her round to face him. "Do you realise we've been together almost two years? You've actually managed to put up with me all this time"

"You've been my rock, I don't know what I would've done without you Patrick Jane. I love you"

"I love you too Teresa Lisbon"

Kissing her lovingly, they both felt as if they were right where they were meant to be.