june 16th ~ jonah

my dumbass forgot to even start writing this so here at 11:09 pm on june 17 we start writing. 10/10 maddie good job
You had tried your very best to convince Jonah that he needed a big party for his twenty first. You wanted to go to a club with the boys or throw a big party at the house or the beach or something. But, try as you might, you just could not get him to agree. All he wanted was to spend his day with you then maybe go out to dinner with the boys and his family. You were a little disappointed that he didn't want to celebrate as aggressively as you had originally planned, although a quiet day in for just the two of you did sound promising. You had woken up a little bit earlier than usual so you could prepare breakfast for Jonah. You even snuck out of the house to get him his favourite drink from Starbucks. You were just pulling the last waffle form the iron when a sleepy Jonah crept into the kitchen and wrapped his arms around you, his head burrowing into the crook of your neck. "Morning baby, happy birthday." You smiled and turned around to hug him. "Mhmm morning." He hummed. "I made you breakfast, you weren't supposed to be up yet so I could bring it to you in bed." You pouted slightly. "Well" Jonah started, pulling you into him and kissing your neck. "We could just pack it all up and go back to bed." He finished, pressing his lips to your skin once more. You wiggled out of his hands. "Sounds like a plan to me."

"What's this?" Jonah asked as the boys filed in through the door. Each of them clapped him on the back as they passed him. "Well, I know you said you didn't want a big party or anything, so I ordered the smallest and most fun party I could." Daniel cheered, joining in as Jack and Corbyn threw up jazz hands and Zach yelled "whoop whoop!" "Thank you baby." Jonah smiled as he walked over to you and gave you a hug. "Your welcome." You beamed. "Happy birthday to you!" Zach sung very off key. "We haven't even started drinking yet." Jonah laughed. Zach threw him a dirty look. "Let's fix that." Corbyn said and turned into the kitchen to find shot glasses. "Top cupboard Corb." You pointed to the upper level of cupboards from your place tucked into Jonahs's arms. Jack came to the counter and pulled out a bottle of tequila. Daniel groaned.(if you've read my other imagines you know lol) "Don't worry Daniel, I got you some Smirnoff." You giggled. Corbyn began pouring shots while you handed Jonah the speaker to connect his phone. "You're gonna let me play music?" Jonah teased. "Well, it is your birthday, but if you want I could play mine." You argued back. "No it's ok, I got it." He quipped. "Thought so."

Three hours into Jonah's makeshift party and Zach was completely wasted. He was situated in an armchair, his limbs hanging over the arm. Corbyn sat on the floor, his back against the couch and a half empty glass of water in his hand. "Ok but you don't understand, there were so many shoes." He slurred as he tried to continue his story. Jack sat on one of the bar stools next to Daniel who had his head resting on the counter top, spinning his ring around. "Of course there were a lot of shoes Corbyn,you were at the shoe warehouse." Daniel laughed, lifting his head. You sat on the couch in Jonah's lap. "Wanna go to the roof?" You whispered, your head resting against his chest. "Sure." He responded. You acknowledged his answer with an incoherent "ok" and got up, walking over to Jack, who was the only one of the boys other than Jonah that was remotely sober. "We'll be right back." You said gently. Jack nodded, throwing a glance at Zach. "Aaaaand he's out." He laughed. "You owe me twenty bucks!" Corbyn yelled. "I said he'd be the first one asleep!" Jack got off the stool and pulled a twenty dollar bill out of his pocket. "Bro don't yell or he won't be sleeping much longer." Corbyn stood up and took the money. "Sorry man." He said towards Zach. "I'll drive you guys home once we come back down, maybe fifteen minutes?" You told them. "Sounds good." Jack nodded, switching the song that had just begun to play. "C'mon babe." You said, waving Jonah towards you with your hand and leading him out of the apartment to the stairwell.  Jonah held the door open for you and took your hand in his before you got to far from him. The walk to the roof was quiet. Once the two of you reached the top of the stairwell you pushed the door open, revealing the bright L.A lights and dim glow of the stars. You started towards the ledge but Jonah pulled gently on your hand, pulling you into him and causing you to fall into his chest. "Thanks for inviting the boys over love." You looked up to see him smiling widely. "Of course, I hope your birthday was as good as I wanted it to be." You chuckled. Jonah pushed you away from him a little bit to look you in the eye. "It was better, even if we have three and a half drunk guys downstairs." You laughed at his response. "Even though Jack told me he was gonna be designated driver I knew he was going to drink and I'd have to end up driving them all home." Jonah smiled and nodded, pulling you back into him. "And hey, I'm glad you didn't break the coffee table after that third round of shots." You snickered. "Okay moments over." Jonah let out, moving out of your arms with a grin. "I'm sorry baby, I love you." You gave him your best puppy dog eyes. He stared at you for a moment, as if he was debating whether or not your pleading eyes would work on him. "I love you too." He said finally. "Yay." You subtly smiled. You stood in Jonah's embrace for a couple of minutes. The city noise was less prominent at the top of the building and the stars were a little more visible. Both of you drew in deep breaths, revelling in the way the other felt. "Happy birthday Jo." Your gaze was still on the stretch of lights and colour before you. Jonah's hand ran up down your back, his head resting atop yours. "Thank you, it was the best birthday." He breathed out. You stood on your toes so your lips were almost touching. "I don't believe that." You whispered. "Believe it baby." He said, the corner of his lips quirked up in some form of a smile. You connected your hands behind Jonah's neck. He leaned down and pressed his lips against yours feverishly. The final minutes of Jonah's twenty first birthday were spent pressed against you, lips moulding together smoothly, bodies being watched by no one but the stars.
________________________________________
A/n: i've been working on this since the 17 and only just finished pls forgive me and also im sorry its not too good