ashley ~ corbyn

You and your closest friend, Ashley Mae Besson, were sitting at her kitchen table. It was 12:27 am and the two of you were having a very passionate game of UNO.

Ashley's parents were gone for the weekend and she invited you over for some "much needed BFF time" as she put it over the phone.

"Ash, we see each other everyday." You had told her.

"What, you don't wanna come to my house for two days unsupervised? My brother probably won't even be here, he'll be hangin' with his friends." She quipped.

"Oh I'll be there don't worry." You said with a giggle.

So now you were at her house, losing horribly in UNO. She threw down a pick up four. "ash" you whined, dragging out the nickname.

"Pick em' up y/n." She beamed.

"Ugh, what colour?" You said picking up the cards.

"Blue." You looked up at her in displeasure.

"The one colour I don't have."

She only smirked. "Oh and UNO." She said before you could call her on it.

You finally got a blue card and placed it on top of the others, awaiting your death. Ashley slammed her final card on the table. "I win!" She exclaimed. You smiled along with her.

"I really hate you." "I know" she said, sarcasm dripping from her words.

You threw your remaining cards at her, hitting her square in the face.

"Okay y/n, just because you lose every time doesn't mean you get to throw cards at me."

You shrugged. "Sure it does."

Ashley laughed "I still have cards behind my bed from the game of 2010."

The two of you started to pick up the cards, laughing hysterically.

"Here." Your laughter calmed and you looked up from the floor, meeting eyes with Ashley's older brother. He handed you a stray card.

"Oh, thanks Corbyn." He smiled and nodded at you.

"Sure thing."

Ashley turned around, "Oh hey Corb, we didn't even hear you come in."

His eyes never left you when he answered his sister. "Oh yeah, I decided to leave the party early, they aren't really my thing." You nodded, agreeing.

"We made some cookies if you want any." You said, pointing to the stove.

"Why did you make cookies at nearly one in the morning." He laughed slightly.

You didn't realize how tense you were until you relaxed at his calm tone. "Well, we made them at 11:30." You told him, leaning against the table.

"Yeah bean" Ashley sassed. "And besides, it's never too late, or too early, to make cookies." Corbyn shook his head at his sister.

"I'm going to bed." he said in your direction.

"Mmk" Ashley said to him, plucking a cookie from the tray.

"Night" you said gently.

"Night." He breathed out before ascending the stairs.

"You wanna head to bed too?" Ashley asked you, cookie in her mouth.

You walked over to the oven, grabbing yourself a cookie. "Sure." You said before popping it in your mouth.

She brushed her hands together, ridding of imaginary dust. "Okay, I'll put these away, you can go get ready for bed." She said, pulling a big plastic bag from a drawer.