09 || If Something Happens

Y/n kept rethinking her past.

As she boarded-- well, more like snuck onto the plane--with the Turtle Brothers, she would glance at her hands repeatedly. She contains this power she has no idea how it got inside her and she is involved with a band of mutants, trying to save the world and--- she felt like crying.

The girl sat on the first crate she saw inside the plane, leaning against the wall as she heard the Brothers bicker and clamor inside the aircraft. While they were getting comfortable in the belly of the plane with Y/n, she would look into her palms, sparking up a natural flame, or creating a small tornado. "How did I even end up with this power?" She asked aloud, getting the mutants' attention, the plane's belly door closing quickly.

Leonardo walked up to Y/n, seeing she was using a flame to light up the dark room of the plane. Donnie also used his flashlight on his shoulder to light the way as well. The leader sat next to his friend, noticing she is taking this change pretty tough. "We'll figure it out, Y/n." He says.

"Yeah," Mikey added, leaning on the wall, too. "I think it's pretty cool that you became The Airbender!"

Y/n chuckled lightly, shrugging at Mikey's comment. "I guess."

Then, the plane's engine turned on, rumbling and vibrating the Brothers' and Y/n's bodies from where they stood or sat. "Plane is getting ready to take off," Donnie says.

"Thanks for the announcement, Captain Obvious," Raphael says, leaning on a stack of wooden crates. "

Donatello scoffed, rolling his eyes. He took a seat on a wooden crate, too.

"Guys," Y/n says, still holding the flame in her hands, letting it glow and shine on the brothers' faces. She smiled at them, thankful to have them all in her life, accepting her as someone who is part of their family. "Whatever happens, I'm glad to have met you all. I love you, guys, so much."

"What do you mean, Y/n?" Leo asked her, a little concerned about the choice of her words.

She gulped, thinking about all of the crazy and dangerous possibilities that are to come in her life. "Just in case something happens to me."

"Wh-- We love you, too, Y/n." Raphael says to her. "I think you'll be just fine."

"You're not dying on our watches," Mikey says to Y/n. "We'll make sure you're safe."

Leonardo nudges her gently, showing that he and his brothers will always be there for her. He just felt a little sad that Y/n was thinking about her outcome after this is all over with Shredder, his henchmen, and whatever other troubles were on the way. "Look, Y/n, I think you'll do an excellent job in helping us."

"Of course," Don added, smiling at her. Just as he was about to keep going with his sentences, the plane jerked forward. "Your powers may be maturing, but I believe you're still a powerful person! We think you are a powerful person."

Y/n appreciated the Brothers so, so much. She wishes there was a way for her to express how she felt for them. "You all have no idea how much I love you all." The girl pauses, adjusting her position on the crate. "Leo, you've always given me such great advice on certain situations and you made me feel welcome in your family. You're one of a kind and I hope you understand that." Her eyes gaze at him, seeing he enjoyed hearing her words. Next, Y/n spoke to Raph. "Oh, Raphie... You're such a soft and kind-hearted being. Thanks for teaching me how to bench press by the way." She laughed, seeing that he was smirking at her, raising that thick scar above his upper lip.

"No, problem," Raphael said to her. "I'll be your personal trainer if you want."

Y/n raised an eyebrow at his offer and continues her mini speeches for each brother. "Donatello. You're incredibly intelligent and you make my day with one of your nerd facts. Your laugh makes me laugh and I can't get over how you come up with your inventions." She said, causing Don to itch the back of his head.

"Thank you, Y/n. I'm glad someone likes the facts that I share." He grinned.

Y/n nods, glancing at Michelangelo. "Mikey-Man. You always make me crack a smile or bust out laughing. Thanks for teaching me how to have more fun."

"I'm here for you, always, dudette." Mikey said, winking at her.

Sighing deeply, Y/n slowly placed her eyes on the dancing flame in her palm, feeling the heat radiate on her skin. It's a tolerable heat-- it doesn't hurt her at all. "Well, now that my little speeches have been heard... I suggest we carry on with this "Mutant-Chase" on Bebop and Rocksteady."

"You're right," Leo said to her, shifting his gaze o his smart brother, Donnie. "Don? Any updates?"

Donatello takes a look at his devices, blues lights and all, and sees that there really isn't a difference in the rhino and warthog's status. "No incoming updates, Leo." Don said, swiping away his holograms.

Well, no updates at the moment. What's happening right now is the plane is speeding down the runway and lifting into the air, accelerating higher. The Brothers and Y/n braced themselves, feeling the plane come off the ground.

"Everything will be fine..." Y/n muttered, putting out her flaming hand and watching the belly of the plane go dark. 

****

》Author Note《

Grizzy: I feel like this was a blunt chapter. Better than nothing!
Be sure to check out TWO of my new TMNT books.
'Cobalt & Crimson'
&
'Indigo & Sandstone'