13 || You Wanna be Normal?

It wasn't a peaceful ride back to New York after failing to get the portal device from Bebop and Rocksetady. Y/n is carrying a lot of guilt because she believes she could have used her powers a little more than she did today. As she sat on the plane with the Brothers, she listened to each of them bicker and rant to one another and eventually talk nasty and call each other horrible names. 

Raphael looked at Michelangelo who was sitting on a wooden crate, his anger rising higher with every breath he took. "Do you really think standing on the sidelines will make you some kind of hero, Mikey?"

"You can't just push past me like that, bro!" Mikey yells.

"You were being a nitwit! You were gonna lose that thing!" Raph got in his little brother's face. It almost appeared like they were going to thrown down here inside the plane's belly. 

Then there was Donnie. "I had it right in my hands and you acted like I wasn't even there!" He barked at Leo.

"It is not my job to make your presence known, all right? Get out of your head and communicate!" The eldest enunciated at the nerd and obviously the rest of his brothers.

"Well, what do you expect? He's all logic, no skill." Raph said.

"Coming from the guy who's all instinct, no restraint," Mikey added.

"Dude, what do you know about anything?" Leonardo looked at each of his brothers. "You're all heart and no brains."

Donnie got after him. "How could you? You may know a lot about strategy, but you know nothing about feelings." He sits on a crate with a few caged animals.

Y/n rubbed her temples, stressing intensely over their immaturity but what do you expect? They're teenagers who are trying to improve their maturity. She was tired of hearing their voices overlap and she finally spoke out. "Would you all shut up? Seriously... shut up!" She paused. "We tried our best. Hell, I pulled what I could of my weight and I still couldn't help you guys. But your guys' arguing is not going to make anything better. Let's just go home and regroup... okay?"

Leonardo nodded, getting up from his seat. "Fair enough, Y/n." Leo says. "You want to know the one thing I am feeling? We may be a family... But we are not a team."

"The f*ck? Did you not hear a word I-- You know what? Never mind..." Y/n rolled her eyes.

It felt weird to even try to speak to the Brothers to try and resolve things. She sat in the corner of the plane, opening up her right palm to radiate a dancing flame. In, the other, ice crystals were forming, cracking loudly. Then, She let's out a light puff of air and watched a stream of air swirl into a miniature tornado. She sighed deeply, closing her hands and putting on a gloomy expression.

Seeing the Brothers upset this way, and it hurt to see them not getting along. Sometimes, she wishes she had the power to make things better. Y/n found herself dozing off after a long and difficult run-around with Bebop and Rocksteady. She had no idea that they were that much trouble.

It's only going to get worse from here now that they have the final piece to the portal. All she could do was let the time pass until the plane hit the ground, and she'll be back in the lair. After the Turtle Brothers and Y/n arrived in New York, they retreated to the underground home in silence, and boy, was it deafening... They just continued their lives, waiting for something awful to occur. It's a waiting game.

Leonardo is flipping the pages of a book he's reading, Donnie was welding a project, Mikey is at the drum set tapping away at the drums quietly, Raphael is at his punching bag, and Y/n is practicing her elemental powers on a cup of water, candles, and a flower sitting in a ceramic pot in the kitchen. From what she's creating, it appears that her powers are growing. She's happy to admit to herself that this is developing well and she isn't ashamed of it.