Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I'm going over to Austin's today. I'm not gonna go full on rage, but I do have some questions that I want answered. I ring the bell.

"Hey Em." Austin smiles at me, he let's me in. We go upstairs and just start talking.

I love how comfortable we still are with eachother.

I bring up wanting to go on social media. He agreed and pulled up his laptop. We're laughing at a few things then we get to the picture that Manda and I saw yesterday.

Austin scrolls away from it.

"Wait you skipped one." I say.

"Huh, no I don't think so?" He says awkwardly.

"Just go up to see." I say.

"It's probably nothing." He says.

"How would you know if you haven't seen it?" I ask, sitting up. He shrugs.

"Can't we just move on?" He asks.

"No." I say.

"It's just a picture." He says.

"A picture of what?" I ask.

"Nothing!" He says.

"Then why can't I see it?" I ask.

"Because it doesn't matter." He says.

"It does matter if you're hiding something from me!" I say.

"I don't have to tell you everything." He says.

"No, you don't. But things like not telling me about a girl that you might or might not have broken up with, which concidering how you're acting I'm guessing you didn't break up with her, is something you can't hide, Austin." I say and fold my arms.

"You don't understand." He says and runs his fingers through his hair.

"I don't. And honestly, I don't care. You should have broke up with her or stayed with her before ever even asking me." I say, putting my hand to my forehead. "And telling me everything shouldn't be something you don' t want to do. I'm still your bestfriend." I say, standing up. "Well, was." I say and leave.

"Hey, Em no c'mon. Listen." He says following after me.

I roll my eyes as the tears begin. I continue to storm away.

"Emma would you just listen?!" He yells after me.

"You're a liar." I say under my breath, shaking my head while the tears stream down.

"Emma come on." He tries. I swing open the  front door, I try to slam it shut but Austin's following behind. I don't turn back. 

He takes a hold of my wrist. A harsh, familiar grip.

I look at him, wide eye'd. He lets go of my wrist and takes a slight step back.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." He says. I look at my wrist, as a red line begins to appear. He notices too. He covers his eyes. "I keep screwing up."

"It was like-" I say. He looks at me. "When-" I say. Then stop as the memory flashes.

The darkness.

The smell of smoke.

The ash trays.

The figure.

The hits.

"Em. When what?" He asks, cutting me from my thoughts.

"When, Jermey came." I say. Austin's eyes go wide as well as his mouth. I shake my head and rush to my house.