Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I wake up. I look around. The smell of smoke lingers. There's a hankerchief covering my mouth. I look down. My ankles are tighed together. I pull my arms and moan, they're behind my back, and I'm on a chair. I have a headace. There are broken lights, it's a dim room, with ripped wall paper, an ash tray in the corner and cigarates around.

A thought comes to mind. I'm going to die. I then realize there is a figure standing down the hallway. Shivers run up my spine. It comes closer. "Little Emma," It says and comes closer until Jermey is infront of me, he removes the hankerchief from my mouth. I don't say anything. "That's rude. Shouldn't you greet me?"

"Well it's also rude to kidnap someone." I say. His hand strikes my cheek. I screech. "And to slap them" I go on. He slaps me again. It stings but this time I don't show it did.

"You're a stubbern one, aren't you?" He says.

"I am when I want to." I say.

"Then you better stop." He says.

"I said when I want to, not when you want to." He slaps me again.

"Then I'll have to make you." He says.

"I highly doubt you will sucseed." I say. He clenches his fist, then slaps me. My cheeks burn, these aren't just little slaps, he's bringing his arm all the way back and swinging at me. I breath in deeply. He goes closer to me and puts his hand on my cheek.

"Little Emma," His breath reeks of smoke. I turn away.

"I'm not little anymore." I say. He pinches my cheeks.

"In my view you are. You a sad, little girl. Hopeless, you act like you can do so much, but really you're scared. You can't do anything." He says, still close to me face and the smoke smell is not fading.

"Really? Because that's my view of you." I say and hit my forhead against his and lifting both my legs and kick him. He groans. Then he punches my jaw. I tightly close my eyes, shoving the tears back in. He slaps me. I breath in.

"I'm going to sleep." He announces and leaves. I hang my head down, but then the pain hurts worst. You have to get out of here. I think to myself. I look around then down at myself, I turn my head slightly. Okay, I'm not tied to the chair, which makes it eaiser. I lean foward bring my arms up, and stand. I'm still tied from my ankles and my wrists. I hop around. I find a kitchen and see a kinfe.

Alright Emma, don't screw up. I think and hop to the knife and slowly bring the knife back and forth behind me. Something loosens, I smile and put down the knife. I bring my hands infront of me and unwrap the rest of it. I lean down and untie my ankles. I sigh of relife. Phone. I think next. I see a phone in the kitchen. I grab it and dial 9-1-1

"911 What's your emergency?" A girl's voice asks. I tell her that I was kidnapped. "Okay, do you know where you are?"

"No," I say.

"Alright, that's not a problem I'll just locate where that phone is. Are you alright?" She asks.

"Yes, I'm fine. The man swung at me afew times though."

"Do you need paramedics?" She asks.

"No, I think I'm fine."

"Alright sweety. They're on their way. They should be there soon."

"Okay thank you. Bye." I say. I think I should call mom. I dial her number.

"Hello?" She answers.