Chapter 9

Chapter 9

"Austin, she's probably just sleeping. She's been through a lot today, let her rest." Destiny's voice says.

I feel Austin's strong arms go around me and picks me up. "We need to take her to the ho-" I breath deeply. Then my eyes open. Tears fill my eyes.

"I couldn't wake up." I say softly "I was awake, I couldn't move."

"I'm taking her to the hospital." Austin states.

"Austin, thank you for caring, but I think right now the best thing is rest." My mom says. Austin sighs and looks at me.

"Okay, but I'm taking her tomorrow." Austin says.

"That's fine by me." My mom says. "I'll make an appointment." My mom continued. Austin carry's me to my bedroom. He gently, slowly, lays me down.

"Where did he hurt you?" Austin asks. My eyes closed.

"Slapped my cheeks repeatedly, punched my jaw afew times, kicked my stomach and throat. Oh, also he banged my head against the wall, here.. And when I banged my head against his it didn't help." I open my eyes. He's covering his eyes, mummbling something. "Hey." I shake his arm.

"Hey, sorry." he says and un-convers his eyes.

"What were you saying.. And if it was about this being your fault then I don't wanna hear it." He stays silent. "Austin." I whine "It wasn't your fault at all."

"Yes it was." He argues. "If it weren't for me you-" 

"Shut up." I say. "I don't wanna hear it. It wasn't your fault." He sighs, giving up. He leans his head on his arms which are resting on my bed.

"I don't want to leave until you're okay." He says. I get more comfortable on my bed.

"You don't have to." I say. He nods and nuzzels his head into his arms.

The next day I wake up with Austin still sitting in my chair, leaning his arms and head on my bed, sleeping. I look under my pillow for my phone that I had forgotten yesterday. To be fair, I didn't know that was gonna happen. It's past 9 a.m, we missed school. I'm guessing our moms allowed us to do so. 

"Austin," I whisper and shake him slightly. He moans. "Aus- ow!" I exlaim. I clutch my side, his head shoots up. 

"What?" He asks protectivly. "Are you hurt?" He asks.

"I-I'm fine." I stutter. He stands up. 

"Do you need anything?" He asks, looking at me.

I shake my head. I think of yesterday. Tears fill my eyes. He sits on my bed and leans me up. He hugs me. I sob into his chest. 

"You're alright, I got you." He comferts me. He holds me tighter. "I wouldn't let that happen again." My head pounds. I put my hand on my head. He lays me down.  "Take it easy, babe." He says. I gentally pull him down with me. He smiles. 

"You should sleep," I say to him. "Somewhere besides a chair." He wraps his arms around me. He nods. My eyes get heavy, then I fall asleep.

****

"Wake up Emma, it's time to go." A voice says.

"Let her sleep. I'll bring her."  Another voice says. 

I'm being picked up and then I pass out again.

When I open my eyes again the celeling has clouds on it. I'm in the hospital. 

"Hey, Em" I voice says. I look to the right of me. 

Austin

"Hi." I say.