Run

Run...

That was all that was in the girl's mind as she ran through the dense forest, away from her home. She had made the mistake of revealing her powers to the town by accident and was kicked out, quite forcefully. You heard right, she had the power of sound and light, she never heard of someone having two elements but seeing as she was adopted by the people of that awful town, she never knew where exactly she came from. She focused on running hearing the riot continue behind her, she knew she couldn't stop or she would be consumed by the raging crowd of her past home, her old best friend and family leading the riot. Tears rolled down her face as the branches scraped her body, tearing her clothing as the held the strap of her getaway bag that she had stashed under her bed in case this situation ever actually happened. She has been running for what felt like hours and finally, she heard the raging crowds fade away, most likely to set up camp for the night. She continued running until the sounds were completely gone, she then tripped and fell which caused the teenager to roll down a hill bumping into a creature, a dragon, scales black as the night the two outcasts stared at each other for a few moments, the girl had wide eyes, then sat up and scrambled back a bit in shock before standing to introduce herself.

"H-Hello, I'm Diana. I come in peace, I was just trying to get away from some people trying to kill me." She told the dragon; the beast nodded. "You understand me?" Diana asked stepping forward curiously, the dragon nodded once more and Diana limped closer, the dragon helped her walk towards two shining objects, two sais that seemed to be made of a mixture of gold and obsidian, the colors merged perfectly and were surprisingly light. This was the beginning of a wonderful friendship, between Diana and the dragon, Midnight.

Elsewhere, a man with a long white bearded opened his eyes after watching the girl's adventure through the woods. "her elements have started, the new ninja has awoken." The Sensei said wisely, his thought process interrupted by his pupils, the ninja yelling. After checking the empty training area, Sensei Wu found the Ninja playing video games and eating pizza.

~~Back to Diana~~

After training with Midnight, which is what she and the dragon agreed upon for a name Diana changed into the outfit she found with the sais.

It fit the young woman perfectly and hid her identity, it was perfect. She grinned at Midnight and pulled the cover over her mouth and lifted the hood, she could now use her powers and save people without her non-ninja life be altered. She changed back to her old tattered clothes and continued to run, Midnight and Diana had an agreement that the dragon would come when Diana whistled and always stayed close. Diana now continued to run; her new weapons held at her waist with the sheath found with it. She wasn't watching where she was running because she had heard the riot again and ran like there was no tomorrow, running through the night the branches of the surrounding trees cut her clothes more and further injured the running girl. Until she ran into a boy in a white Ninja Gi, causing her to fall panicked, she covered her face with her arms not having seen his outfit making her think that it was one of the people from her old town. "Please don't hurt me." She begged the boy who looked upon her with kindness and curiosity.

"I am Zane I protect those who can not protect themselves." He told the girl that ran into him he held out his hand to help her up. "Come with me I know a safe place with others who can help you as well." Diana hesitated

"LET'S GET HER!" "KILL THE WITCH!" "BURN HER!" were just a few of the screams heard by the two teenagers.

"Yes please." She told Zane and took his hand with wide, scared eyes.