22 - Last Night at the Barracks

It has been an hour since a certain redhead had wakened up.

She has previously cried herself to sleep with all the events that occurred. She expected to wake up feeling better, but she couldn't have wakened feeling worse.

She had been sleeping before several voices woke her up.

Moreover, despite being conscious, Sophia opted to stay in her bed and feign sleeping.

She didn't feel like facing and talking to any of her roommates. Not after all that happened.

She neither wanted to discuss with anyone of what occurred nor wished to get sympathized.

Sophia, covered in her blankets, silently listened as the other girls conversed with each other.

Their discussions were majorly about what you did spend the week and where did you spend your time.

Besides, a few others were talking about their graduation and what division they were joining.

Their discussions started like this, but suddenly shifted to the major events of the last few days.

"Did you hear about what happened to wall Maria?"

"Is it true, I just heard about it when I arrived today."

"I heard that a 60-meter titan broke the walls."

"It sad, lots of people were killed."

" I was told, from one of the boys, that while most of us were away, they sent the trainees outside to fend the Titans."

" That is asking us, trainees, to get killed."

"It is, almost everyone came alive, except for one person."

"Who is it."

"Lukas Richard, the guy who got the fifth rank."

"Wait wasn't he friends with Sophia?"

" I don't know he used to tease her and get on her nerves."

" Well, he had a reason."

" What was it?"

"I heard from one of the guys in his dorms, that he confessed that he had a feeling for her."

"That is..... tragic."

"Do you think she knows."

Sophia continued to listen as the girls spoke amongst each other quietly.

She didn't want to listen to any of what they were saying; however, she neither wanted to confront and tell the girls to have the decency of shutting up.

So despite all that, the girl started feeling worse by the minute.

Fresh tears started slowly dropping.

'Lukas' the girl thought while closing her eyes and trying to sleep once again to avoid the sadness and pain to overwhelm her.

Then suddenly the door was blown open, or that how it sounded to Sophia.

The redhead was surprised and almost jolted upwards.

"Hey, what are you doing!?" one of the girls spoke.

"That's not your dorm, whom do you think you are." another backed up.

Sophia didn't hear an answer immediately before one of her roommates spoke again.

"Answer us before we kick you outside."

"I'm looking for the redhead." a female voice ordered to which Sophia quickly recognized.