17 - Reunited

It has been half an hour since Sophia arrived from her quest outside Wall Rose.

Along with Felix, Katarina and the rest of the cadets, Sophia waited at the assembled designated spot along with the refugees.

Arriving, Sophia immediately separated from the two cadets and opted to search for her family within the massive group of refugees.

Despite just arriving and the feeling of exhaustion and starvation surfacing, she never once thought of stopping her search.

The redhead checked every inch, corner, and person in the area, but wasn't able to find what she was searching for.

She knew that her family would most likely get evacuated to Trost District, but that didn't stop her from checking this area while waiting for further orders from the higher-ups.

She couldn't just sit idly and wait; she wanted to find them as soon as possible. She wanted to assuredness that no bad event has occurred to her family.

She wanted the feeling that she is going through to the end. She longed to see them alive and well to abolish this mixed sense of fear and anxiety.

However, despite her wish, she wasn't able to do so.

Ending her search, the girl noticed that other groups of cadets started lining into formation in front of three garrison soldiers.

Taking her place in the formation, the girl wanted nothing but for the speech to end so that she can be on her way.

"I salute you, cadets, for your participation in this expedition." the man in the middle addressed, as the last of the cadets took formation" You have aided well in guiding the civilians inside this wall."

"And you have shown both courage and determination in these hard times." the same man spoke.

"I won't be taking much of your time now, I'm sure some of you got personal issues to deal with at the moment." he paused before continuing " We were recently informed that the initiation process would be postponed until Saturday of next week, until all this chaos has been put under control."

"So, for now, your job is over, return to your homes, check on your families, lovers, friends; and pray that the coming days will hopefully be better." the man concluded before raising his right arm to his chest and saluting.

The cadets mirrored his action before he ordered them to dismiss.

Sophia, wasting no time, made her way to the stables to get her horse, and be on her way.

Along the way, she noticed both Felix and Katarina discussing before they eyed her leaving without a word.

The redhead, not bothered a bit, got on her horse, and made her way to where she hoped her family safely be waiting.

'Trost District'

-------------------------------------

It took Sophia, more time then she wished for to arrive.

The road crowded, and the streets filled with a soldier from both the military police and garrison.