2- Second Thoughts

Author's Note: Chapter two, is available for you to finally read. I hope it meets your expectations.

Anyways enjoy ^-^

-----------------------------------------

Third Person POV

The freshly graduated teen hurriedly walked through the crowded streets of Shinganshina quickly and effortlessly mixing with the sea of people.

Just minutes ago, she effortlessly dashed away from Michael and his comrades. And through these several minutes, Sofia had some to cool off and dry her wet tears. If she had risked and stayed a couple of minutes more, surely she would have given up and let her emotions flow.

However, for now, she was just glad that she's away from them and was genuinely grateful that, at the time, they didn't notice her teary eyes. It would have made her look weak in front of them, and looking frail was the last thing she ever wanted them to witness.

She never wished to believe that she joined the military, for her to gain nothing in return. Since one of the reasons she mainly joined was to grow stronger and further independent, both physically and psychologically.

Surely she did get stronger physically. During her accommodation at the training barracks, they were forced every day to run around the perimeter, every morning at six, if they ever hoped to eat breakfast.

Initially, more than half of the trainees, including Sophia, didn't even bother running. They naively thought they would complete the day without relying on breakfast, but in the end, and through the hard way, they learned never to skip a meal ever again.

The trainees lacked the energy to complete their training courses. They wouldn't even last for two hours without the carbohydrates that came from their breakfast. Sofia, during her first day, passed out during one of her obstacle courses and woke up four hours later to find herself in the infirmary. Since then, every morning for four years, she ran around the whole parameter, which usually takes a couple of hours, to make sure to eat her breakfast so to survive the day.

Moreover, with all this training, including the running and other fitness drills, made her lose the baby fats she once had during a child and turned her to the slim, fit woman she is now.

However, as for getting emotionally stronger, she wasn't that sure anymore. Minutes ago, the two so-called garrison soldiers, nearly almost made her cry. At first, she thought she would be able to handle anything they threw at her, but when the words left their mouth, she almost gave in.

Although she did handle the situation way better than when she was a child, she didn't cry immediately and managed to hold it. She can conclude it as an improvement and hope that these things take time to get over it.

With these thoughts placed aside, Sofia previous ones came back to settle in her brain.

Back in the streets, Sophia passed through the different stalls, placed on both sides that were either selling a variety of foods or clothing products. While on the road, she was having thoughts about how her parents would react and welcome her.

Without a doubt, her mom would be joyful and thrilled to see her daughter back. She would surely welcome her with a motherly and loving embrace. Her mom, every month, would send Sofia a letter telling her how she longs for her to come back, and how she would pray every day for her daughter safe arrival home.

Her dad, on the other hand, she doubted he would ever be ecstatic to meet her once again. Their relationship was already apprehensive, and fleeing from home probably ruined any chance of repairing and fixing it. But still, with all that, she's determined to fix it and adequately discuss it with him.