11 - A Team

Third Person POV

The saving expedition has been going quite well for now. With three villages, having been warned and cleared out of any living soul, the four cadets arrived at their fourth planned site.

Sophia, with the rest of the trainees, was glad that they hadn't yet made any contact with the Titans. They were working fast and efficiently, making sure everyone left their villages and safely headed towards the safe wall and far away from the breach.

However, with every village they move forward to, the closer they would be heading towards the danger. Because with every town they cleared, they would be getting closer to the Shinganshina District, where the breach initially took place.

So arriving at the fourth town, the trainees once again immediately divided themselves into two groups to commence their duty at once. Near the outskirts of the small village, Felix alongside with Katarina used their 3D maneuver gears to quickly climb the top of what looked like a clock tower to keep an eye on any threat that might suddenly emerge from the distance.

Their primary job was to act as lookouts, from high ground, and to watch out for any incoming Titans that may appear. If any Titans show up, one of them would have to enter the town and warn the other two of the danger. Moreover, as the last scenario, if a Titan would appear and the town's' people weren't in a safe distance, then at least one of the two would have to act as a decoy, or most dangerously have to combat the colossal beings.

The two individuals silently stood above the roof the tower, immensely observing the vast land around them for any unwelcoming guests. It has already been more than half an hour since they positioned up there, and if they were to follow the usual evacuation schedule, they had been following; then it wouldn't take much more for the other two to get done and meet with them at the designated checkpoint.

"No Titans in sight, and it seems it's going to be long until we meet one." the blonde girl stated, affirming the current situation. "So any idea of how much longer will we be keeping this on? Like really; I didn't even ask to be here."

"You already said that, before," Felix commented on her second statement. She clearly had stated that she despised being sent her, every time she got the chance. However, his comment triggered her to snap towards his direction.

"It's because you never even answered my question in the first place." Katarina objected "You just sit there as if you're mute; the only time you talk is when you're giving orders."

Taking a deep breath, Felix realized there was nothing else to make the short blonde quiet, unless if he just answered her question.

"If I'm right... also, taking to consideration the size and speed of titans, we should pass by, to at least, three more towns before we meet any." he decided to answer, surprising her with his smart assumption. "Then everything after that will be beyond our abilities to handle."

"Just shoot me in the head, already." The blue-eyed girl remarked while mimicking what she just said. "Where did all that come from, where is your proof? How do you even know the distance, you can't spout nonsense like that without having any idea of the distance they're traveling."

'Weren't we supposed to be on watch-guard duty at the moment, so why are we arguing?' Felix thought, before placing his hand inside the pocket of his brown jacket. He silently took out a small scroll, before suddenly tossing it towards the blonde's direction.

Barely catching it, the girl glared at the dark haired man before inspecting the context of the scroll. Opening it, the girl saw a map of the whole country that resided inside the three holly walls. She didn't understand what he meant when he gave her the map, but she afterward directly noticed, the handwritten number and symbols that mostly filled the region between the Karanese and Shinganshina District.