Mad Love Chapter Ten

If you don't know what's happening - I strongly recommend you re-read Chapter Nine.  Lol, Sorry it took so long - Mad's emotions are all over the board. 

Also, my apologies for any spelling/grammar mistakes.  I proofed it only once, and was in a hurry to upload.  :P

WOW!  So many votes, comments, and new fans!  Thank you all so much, it's crazy!  I love that you're enjoying my story.  The cussing comments keep me laughing!  If I can inspire that much emotion from my story that you cuss, cry, or laugh aloud - then I'm on the right track!  Please let me know your thoughts on the story so far, and hope you enjoy Chapter Ten!

Vote, comment, fan! 

---------------------------------------------

"Where is Ron?" I asked, my voice deadly quiet.

"Ron's in San Antonio," he said with a cheery smile.

"San Antonio is your region. Why isn't he here?" I snapped out.

"Oh, you didn't know? We traded. I'll be taking over the Charpton office. Sure, it's a much smaller population, but it's definitely-"

"What the hell do you mean!?" I screamed, slamming my palms down on the desk. I was so angry I could feel myself trembling.

"Ron's wife, Lisa, is originally from San Antonio," he explained. "Her father, who lives in a suburb, is having some health problems. They moved back to take care of him," he said calmly. His eyes were crinkled, telling me he wanted to smile. "We decided Wednesday before last," he added.

"Why wasn't I told of this?" I asked through gritted teeth. My breath came out in heated puffs, like I had run a mile to work. My vision was swarming, and I could feel my temple throbbing. This was not good. This was so not good.

"That's another reason I stopped by Gabe's house Friday. I knew there was something I forgot to tell you..." he tapped his chin thoughtfully, smothering a grin.

"You bastard! I had a right to know!" I snarled, seeing red. "You low-life, no-good, dirty piece of-" I stopped myself when he stood up.

He walked around the desk, and it reminded me of a predator. Jamie slammed the door shut, preventing the few other coworkers from hearing my outbursts. He invaded my personal space, towering over me.

"Listen to me, Maddy. If you want to act like a child, that's fine - but expect to be treated like one. That's why I didn't tell you. You're an employee. MY employee. And you're to act like it," he grated out. His dark eyes flashed with anger.

I glared up at him, not saying anything. My lips were drawn tight over my teeth.

"You're right, I should have informed you Friday that Ron and I switched offices. But I lost my temper, and you stormed out of there before I could tell you," he didn't back off, but his voice softened. "We're working with an office full of people that don't need to get bogged down in our personal problems, whatever they may be. I am here to manage this region, and nothing is going to prevent me from that."

Funny how it sounded like a threat.

This couldn't be happening. I could not work with him, day in, day out. I was suddenly imagining weeks, months down the road. Every time I came into the office, I would see him. Jamie would always be here.

I felt something crack inside of me. Tears began to form in my eyes.

"You're not supposed to be here," I said, my words beginning to warble with emotion. My perfect beginning was ruined.