Mad Love Chapter Fifteen

Vote!  Comment!  Fan!

Wow!  Blow my mind, why don't you?  The comments, votes, and new fans are great!  I've found so much support for Mad Love on here!  You guys totally make my day!

In other news, I am so SORRY that this chapter took so long.  A lot of things are happening now, and as usual I work full-time.  I really appreciate you guys respecting that I have a life outside of writing.  Lol.  I wanted to be able to post this awhile back, but I couldn't.

Another thing - this is not in Jamie's POV.  I know a lot of you were dying to know what's inside his head, but I like it from Maddy's perspective.  One day I may do an alternate chapter or something, but for now, it's the same old, same old.  :P  But I hope you guys enjoy it nonetheless! 

---------------------------------

(Super short Recap)

"Can we talk?" he asked.

--------------------------------

I slammed the door before he could walk in.

Blinking, I stared at the solid wood, wondering what the hell was going on. I reached up to the peep-hole, peering at him.

Yep, still there.

"Uh, Maddy?" he asked, muffled.

Sighing, I opened the door. My heart pounded out a furious beat, nervous at laying eyes on him again. I remembered everything from last night, and I specifically recall that he was not nearly as hammered as I was.

Shit, he would remember last night, then. Shots, dares, dancing, kissing. Oh, dear God. I struggled with the urge to run to the bathroom and hurl.

"Can I come in?" he asked with a half-smile, looking at me like I was crazy.

I stepped back, cracking the door open. It wasn't like I could leave him on my doorstep. Well, I guess I could. But part of me was very interested in why on earth he was at my house on a Saturday morning.

He entered my small, tidy apartment, careful not to brush against me. His close proximity to me alone was enough to bring back vivid flashbacks of us dancing, held close in each other's arms. If just being around him did this - no telling what would happen if he touched me. I shuddered at the thought.

I didn't want Jamie touching me. I didn't.

I tucked my hair behind my ear, self-conscious in my baggy sweats. My bare feet curled their toes. Closing the door, I turned to face him.

"You feeling alright this morning?" he asked, not unkindly. I nodded.

"So..." I trailed off, looking anywhere but him.

I gestured to the couch, offering him a seat. I sank down into my plush recliner, sitting Indian style. He sat down on the left side of the couch, closest to me. The only thing that separated us was a small end table and about three feet of space.

He propped an ankle on the opposite knee. He would have looked relaxed if I hadn't noticed the tightness in his jaw, or the slight crinkle between his eyebrows.

"This is a really awkward question, but do you remember much of last night?" Jamie asked with a frown. Boy, he went straight to business.

"A bit," I said, flushing.