Mad Love Chapter Fourteen

VOTE-COMMENT-FAN!!! It's much appreciated. :D

Okay! Here is Chapter Fourteen! Dang, it took me forever! I tried not to stress over it too much, but the more people that follow this story, the more pressure there is. Lol. I want so bad for you to like it, but I've got to stay true to the story.

Huge, amazing thanks go out to all the fans following this story - and all the people just reading it, lol. Your votes and comments make me want to write more and more, and wish I could have a million things to post.

This chapter is dedicated to Misigirl, (Ruth), for recommending this story to her fans. That's just way too awesome, and she's an amazing writer. Please, be sure to check out her stories, because this girl has crazy skills!!!

Please note, this chapter is twice the length of my usual chapters. I was so excited about the response from my last two uploads that I extended this chapter. So please, enjoy it twice as much! Lmao!

----------------------------------------

"You need to get laid," Lacey said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Lacey!" I screeched, casting surreptitious glances around the deli, hoping her loud comment went unnoticed. When Em and Lacey had offered to pick me up for lunch, I had no idea that the conversation would veer into the topic of sex.

"Lacey, you ought to know by now, Maddy doesn't do that," Em sighed, leaning back against the booth, her blond hair pulled back in a ponytail.

"Like, ever?" She asked, slightly shocked by the concept.

"Like, never ever," Em said, with a sad shake of her head.

"Well, I beg your pardon," I said primly, sounding like the offended prude they were accusing me of being. I crossed my arms, glaring at the bimbo sitting across from me. "There are a lot of other things to do in a relationship than just roll around under the covers."

"Like what?" Lacey asked, making Em snort loudly.

"Plenty of things," I began, looking to Em for help. She held up her hands in a 'you-are-on-your-own' gesture. "Like, enjoying the emotional bond that comes with being close to someone. There's a comfort in knowing the person you're with wants to be with you, not on top of you," I told her.

Em and Lacey stared at me for a minute, then shared a look before dissolving into giggles. I pursed my lips, angered by their reaction. My expression only made them laugh harder.

"You know, just because people fall in love doesn't mean they have to fall into bed!" I said loudly, trying to speak over their cackling.

Emily wiped tears from her eyes, trying to sit upright again. "Aw, Mads, don't be angry." She shoved Lacey, the two struggling to control their laughter. "I get what you're saying Maddy, I do. And I honestly believe that sleeping together should not be a first priority in a relationship," Em paused for a moment. "But I wish you could have heard yourself!" She choked out, strangling on a laugh.

I continued to glare at them.

"Oh, lighten up," Lace said with a smile.

"I'm sorry, it's been a bad week," I said, uncrossing my arms. I propped my elbows on the tabletop, holding my head in my hands. It was only Friday afternoon, and the past weekend had been the Zack fiasco.

"Do you know that Zack actually sent in his resume to Dad's office?" I asked miserably.

Em shot me a sympathetic glance and Lacey reached over to awkwardly pat my head. I'm sure she meant to be comforting, but it was a bit odd.