How You Met: Litten

You were walking through the shelter that hosted the animals you knew as Pokemon. You'd witnessed them change into humans it didn't seem like anyone else had noticed yet, or it doesn't seem like all of them can turn human either. You didn't mind if you got a friend or companion to stay and protect you.

"Ma'am I don't know why you want one of these creatures. They have the potential to be dangerous." A woman who seemed to have just learned about pokemon said.

"So do all animals but we keep them as companions. It's how you treat them that matters and shows how they'll treat you and others." You said a smile on your face. The woman looked at you a bit concerned but then nodded in a bit of an understanding way you guessed.

"Well, here we are. I hope you find the right companion today Miss." The woman said opening the door the an outside lounge and play area. A clefairy, a Pikachu, a pansage and a skitty came up to you all energetic and playful. This shelter was mostly for small pokemon but it had a few big ones. You would pet the ones that came up to you and you tried to see if you had a connection with any of them. You looked out onto the deck area and saw a black and red cat pokemon lay sleeping on the railing.

"Hello there, little one" you spoke softly, slowly approaching with your hand extended for him at least you think it's a him to smell. He looked up at you and sniffed your hand while do what seemed to be glaring but you didn't understand why. You slowly started petting the Litten's head when you felt something nudging your leg, looking down you saw nothing but felt your arm being extended upward. Looking up again you looked right into yellow orange sclera's with red pupil cat like slits.

"And just who are you calling little? Huh, princess?" the husky voiced owner of the eyes said.

"W-what?!" you exclaimed surprised looking at a man with black cat ears, hair and tail with red markings on his face like Litten has. You started to stumble back but the man held you in place and for good reason.

"Whoa Princess! Don't need them knowing I can change forms!" he said firmly a serious look on his face.

"You're that Litten?" you asked still shocked.

"Ain't that what it looks like?" he asked clearly amused. " So are you going to get me out of here? Or are we just going to stand around?" he got serious again as he looked at you.

"Um I guess I can do that... Are you the only one here that can change?" you asked.

"As far as I know... yes. Now let's get out of here!" he said as mist surrounded him and he changed back into his pokemon form. He jumped into your arms and motioned with his paw towards the door. Walking over and opening the door you found the employee near the food bags.

"Excuse me I found my partner" you said

'Saying it like that makes it seem like we're going to be dating' you thought.

"Okay! Let's go fill out the paperwork" she said walking towards the counter. "Would you like to name them?"

You looked down at Litten and saw him glaring at you.

"Um no... I'll keep it as Litten" you said signing the paperwork and then proceeded to walk out to your car. Once in the car and placing Litten in the passenger seat you started the long drive back to your house.

"This is going to be a weird friendship" you mumbled as he slept in your seat.