Chapter 17 - The Black Sun

Warning, some cursing occurs in this chapter

---External POV---

Dark clouds shrouded the airplane as it made its way to its mark. The men inside were preparing themselves for the jump, knowing they had to be stealthy and above all, that they couldn't trust anyone beside their teammates. Knowing that their fellow soldiers betrayed them and countrymen hurt but infuriated hem at the same time.

Colt was one of them, making sure that his weapons were filled and cleaned before he tucked them away. He was glad for Sage's gift, as it had ruled out several of his fellow teams. They were going to need every able bodied man for the next few hours.

He felt a pinch of pain in his heart at the idea of his lover's face when he had to leave; a mix of fear, hope and love. Colt shook his head and focused back on his mission. He was placed in a squadron of fellow Seals, though they never worked with his team before.

A few steps behind him were several groups of the US Army, preparing themselves as they jested witch each other. They were going to fly through to another destination while Colt and his Seals were going to be dropping in by air as they flew over their target.

"Where's the rest of your team Colt? Figured they were with you." Killjoy stated, rubbing a hand through his beard. He was the commander of his own team and were specialized in airdrops like this. They had extracted prisoners of arms out of hostile camps without the enemy even knowing it.

"Dusty and Viper are already at insertion point, trailing the target by boogie." Colt said as he passed a few pictures around to the gathered teams. "Team Mercury is dropping in a few clicks away from friendlies, who'll provide you with Intel on the targets on ground."

The map with Intel passed hands as the commanders pulled out the information they needed and passed it along their men while Colt strapped his hunting knife to its place and stood up, facing the tail of the C-17.

"Team Phantom is going with me, we're going to smoke out some rats." Colt stated shortly, his smirk telling the teams everything they needed to know. Killjoy nodded once, a smile, playing on his own lips; he knew exactly why Colt needed his team to go after the rats.

Phantom was a well-known team, used solely for stealth missions and to save countrymen behind enemy lines but they acquired a nickname over the years. They were the Assassins, silent killers that could clean a whole camp of enemies without any of them raising the alarm.

It was why Dusty and Viper had demanded that Phantom was used to extract Sage. While Dusty and Viper were going in on land, Team Phantom would target the enemy from the back.

"Alright ladies, prepare yourselves to get wet." Killjoy remarked to his men, giving Colt a look before stepping further away from the others while his men smirked at the remark and stepped to the side.

As soon as they were out of range, Killjoy stopped Colt and looked closely in his eyes. "I've known Dusty for a while now and he's never, ever, faced the enemy head on without any further back up. Mercury dropping in to give support while one team is requested as back up for two men on their own? What the hell is going on here Colt?"

 Just as Colt started to open his mouth, the pilots announced that they were nearing their drop point. Killjoy looked up before shaking his head and went to the tail of the bird, where the rest of his team was already prepared and waiting for their Commander to jump in his chute.

"Twilight, Midnight, you guys with the boat. We're going in silent and unnoticed. Those fuckers won't even know we're there until we're on top of them." Killjoy said as he hoisted the parachute on his back and clicked it tight. The hatch slowly opened to reveal pitch-black sky and the lights of a city underneath the plane.