Chapter 16 - Bullet through the heart

---Sage's POV---

Seconds before I woke up completely, I was yanked up from the floor and hauled out of the room. My eyes flew open and tried to look around before I remembered that they had blindfolded me. I perked my ears and started counting the steps, trying to build a mental layout of their headquarters.

We took a few turns and had to go up a few stairs, occasionally tripping over my feet while my guards laughed and yanked me up roughly. As soon as we came up the last set of stairs, we made a sharp right and instantly I was thrown forwards, crashing into a door and forcing it open under my weight.

I cursed softly as I slammed hard into the floor, hearing some amused chuckles in the room I fell into before it grew eerily silent. My heart was thumping wildly and only aggravated my headache, so I took deep breaths and tried to stay as calm as possible.

My skin prickled with all the eyes on me and I had to hold back a shiver from the coolness in the room. I wasn't exactly dressed to keep myself warm; I only had a pair of sweatpants on and one of my casual shirts. The door slowly creaked shut behind me, adding to the building tension in the room.

A hand landed on my shoulder just as I managed to crawl on my feet, a grunt slipping from my lips when they kicked in my knees, which buckled them and forced me to crash down painfully. The hand on my shoulder was joined with one in my hair, gripping painfully tight and yanking my face up before the blindfold was removed.

I opened my eyes warily and stared straight into a spotlight and groaned in agony. Damn, its like they knew I had a concussion and were trying to make it worse. A humorous smile barely managed to keep off my face; they were the ones that caused my condition so I was rather sure they knew I was ill.

"So this is the great hacker that managed to get in and out of our system?" A voice stated with clear disbelief as he slowly walked closer. Cracking my eyes open slightly, I tried to look past the light to stare at the man's face and tried to take in everything I could relay to the guys.

Call it gut instinct but I just knew they were going to come after me with guns blazing and when they managed to find the Black Sun's location, things would turn hectic and probably quite dangerous too.

"Honestly, I expected a little...more. Then again, I was rather surprised when my men informed me that you were providing a small base for Neptune.  Well, like father, like son, right Sage?"

"Shit." I blinked and kept my expression blank although on the inside, I felt a bit of panic rising up. If they really knew who my father was, they might execute me before the guys were even here. Unless they thought-

"It's a shame your father couldn't keep his nose out of our business; that's why we arranged that little accident for him to happen. But you...well, it depends really."

"Depends on what...sir?" I tacked on sarcastically, gaining a thump on my head as the man in front of me growled and made the mistake of stepping closer so I could see his face. Grey was smirking slightly as he tilted his head back and nodded.

"Ah, you want to play games now, do you? No worries, we'll get what we want, one way or another." He looked up and stared at the two men behind me before nodding and turned on his heels. I felt bile rise in my throat as I was yanked up and dragged away to god knows what.

I just knew they were going to start the torture, trying to find out how much I knew of their organization and whom else was informed of this knowledge. Nobody safe for my family and Neptune exactly knew what I found out and I needed t keep that to myself for as long as possible; giving these men the idea that my siblings knew more than just rumors would be hazardous.