Chapter 12: New Dreams

Jett: 

After Logan had assembled all the meat into two inches of roundness, I gently placed some on the medium-lit gas stove. The meatballs gently hit the pan producing a loud sizzle. I allowed the meat to get a nice sear on the side before I flipped it over. Eventually, they all started to cook and was sturdy enough to roll around. I stood in the kitchen tossing around the meatballs in the pan. 

Logan had just decided to go check up on Marcy, who had surprisingly disappeared quietly. I sighed after he had left. My hands were constantly working while my mind wandered about what Marcy and Logan were doing. I placed the cooked meatballs into a clean ceramic bowl. This process was repeated about four times before all the meatballs were completely finished. I eventually had gotten distracted with cooking and didn't realize that I was cooking for 20 minutes. I turned off the stove and left noticeably. Logan and Marcy had been together for a bit and it seemed to be like I was forgotten. I felt betrayed. 

"Hey, honey. How was your run?" My mom asked me as I passed her in the kitchen. 

"It was fine," I mumbled rushing to get upstairs.

"Hey! What's wrong, sweetie?" My mom tried to get me to talk to her.

"I just want to shower, mom. Good night." I said standing on the staircase.

"Okay. Just know that you can talk to me whenever. Good night! Love you!" My mom shouted as I walked up the steps. 

I shouted back that I loved her too as I walked away. I avoided going into my room remembering that I did not close my window before I had left to Marcy's. I ended up in the bathroom to take a shower. The clothes on my body started to drop as I tore them off me. The water was warming up as I stepped in. I felt the water flowing down my head to my neck and shoulders. I stood there sorry for myself. My shower routine began shortly after I heard my parent's door close, ending my melancholy trance. 

I got out of the shower and dried myself quickly. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before heading back to my room. Once I had reached my door, I was hesitant to open the door. I took a deep breath and opened the door. My hands felt around the wall to find my light switch. The light flickered a bit before easing into a bright white light. The light illuminated all opened spaces. I looked out my window seeing that the couple had gone down to deal with the rest of their dinner. I quickly closed my window and pulled down the blinds. The small pile of clothes that I carried into my room was thrown into a pile of dirty clothes in my closet. I pulled out some clean boxers from my drawer and dried my hair once more. Before I got into bed, I had spread out the towel onto my chair to dry properly. 

My body hit my soft but yet firm mattress. I scrolled through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and so many more apps before I decided to sleep. I sat up and leaned over to turn off the light before falling back onto the mattress. My head was cushioned with a cool, neck-supportive pillow. As I was dozing off, I heard Marcy's window open and her stepping out onto the ledge. I was too comfortable where I was. Soon I dozed off dreaming...  

The school bell rang announcing that school it was time to head to your next class. I got out of my seat and packed all my things into my backpack. I headed towards home ec, dodging everyone in the halls as they filled up. I entered the classroom and sat down where I normally sat. I took out my phone and started to just check Twitter. It was boring. I found myself staring around the classroom, looking at all the details. 

I stared at the posters and read all of them. I looked around from the ceiling down to the floor, from the front of the room to the extent of my vision. I began looking at the people who were in the classroom. Some of my classmates and familiar random people occupied the space. I looked at everyone. Who is that? I stared at a girl who sat in the far front left corner seat. Her hair was long and blonde, but a variation of blondes. Some strands were honey-colored, while others would be platinum or true blonde. She was talking to her partner who sat next to her. She had such a beautiful smile, especially when she laughed. Her brown glistened as the light hit them. The browns of her eyes became lighter in the light and were beyond beautiful. I have never seen this girl in my life, how can she be here? Who is she? 

The teacher came into the room and began the lesson on making chicken parmesan. I tried my best to focus on the lesson being taught, but my eyes would drift towards the unknown girl. The bell rang again. I got out of my daze and quickly tried to pack. I tried to catch up to the girl. I stumbled on a chair. She was getting out of my sight and I quickly picked up my pace, eventually shoving some people in the way. She was disappearing and I couldn't yell out. 

"Hey Jett! Wait up!" Marcy shouted out as she ran towards me in the hall. 

I turned around to see who shouted out my name. She quickly caught up to me and took deep breaths to cool down. 

"Hey Marce. What's up?" I asked her as we walked out of the school. 

"I was just wondering if you wanted to get something to eat or do whatever!" Marcy said nonchalantly. 

"Uh, yeah sure," I respond looking around outside to find the girl. 

My alarm broke into my dream acting as a car going off. I wake up confused and uncertain. It's Friday, I have home ec. I got ready for school as I usually did. I always tried to leave a little earlier than I did before in order to avoid Marcy. I normally get a small nap in my car or catch up on some homework that I didn't finish the night before. Today, I searched for the girl. I was on my phone scrolling through my following list on Instagram. I was looking at mutuals to see if they had followed the unknown girl. I couldn't find her. Her face began to fade away in my mind. Did I even know how she truly looked like? I could only see a side profile. It was a dream. She isn't real. 

The school day went by quickly as the bells kept ringing notifying all students to migrate. I finally got to home ec. I waited for the girl to come in and sit down in the corner seat. The class was almost about to begin and someone walks in the last minute. It wasn't her, but she sat down in the unknown girl's spot. 

Class quickly passed by and the migration began once more. As I was packing my items, someone had bumped into me making me drop my books that were in my hands. I looked to see who it was. It was her. She quickly apologized and helped picked my books up. Her friend calls out for her and she runs off. I thank her, but she was too far to hear me say anything. I shove everything into my backpack and run off trying to catch up to her. Once again she was out of my sight and gone like before. I felt crazy.