It's A Funeral. I Know It Is.

Chapter 19: It's A Funeral. I Know It Is.

-Bex p.o.v-

Apparently when Sirius askes for a date, it means the very next day. I guess he doesn't like to waste time.

I left for my house a couple hours before the boys were meant to pick us up. Us being Callie and myself. I had pushed Andrew and Sebastian out of the house, and Callie knocked only seconds later.

Pulling my front door open, I greeted her with a smile. She reached forward to hug me. Callie and I had grown fonder of each other after my change, I became less of a jerk to her and actually gave her a chance. And surprisingly, she didn't disappoint me. She was nicer than I thought she'd be.

She didn't hold anything against me for being so mean to her before I gave her a chance. In fact, she embraced the fact and was even nicer to me.

"So you and Remus, huh?" I smirked at her rosy cheeks.

"He's asked me on a few dates, and we've had a good time." She looked down, avoiding my gaze.

"I knew you'd get with the weirdo. Not sure why, but you two always fancied each other's presence."

"He's not weird," she defended.

I smirked, "you're smitten. Of everything I just said, the only thing you responded to was the fact that I called Remus weird."

She blushed again. I smirked wider.

Callie didn't seem to care that I hated make-up and dresses and girly stuff that took forever. She also seemed to have an idea of where we were going, something I did not. And she even brought me an apple.  To say she was prepared was an understatement.

She frowned, running some muggle machine through my locks of curls. I munched on the apple. "Why doesn't your hair straighten?" She exclaimed, finally giving up.

I looked at her curiosuly. "You just spent thirty minutes trying to make my hair straight? You could have just told me that." I focused on my hair and Callie groaned when it went perfectly straight in seconds.

"I forgot you could do that," she trailed off.

-

I hate dresses. I really do. First of all, why were they so uncomfortable? Why? Secondly, since when was it a requirement that a girl had to wear a dress on a date?

Callie frowned slightly, holding a box in her hands. "I found this a little bit ago, I was saving it for your birthday, but I figured you didn't have a dress I could shove you in and it's close enough to your birthday, so here you go," she gestured for me to take the box.

Groaning, I opened it to reveal a dress. How wonderful.

"Are we going to a funeral?"

Callie frowned at me. "No! I just thought this would suit you, and I figured it would be better than a bright pink one."

"Whatever," I shrugged.

She looked at me expectantly, "well aren't you going to try it on?"

With a reluctant sigh and hesitant movements, I slipped on the dress. "Where are the stupid shoes?"

"I also figured that since I would have to shove you into this dress and force you through hours of torture, I'd let you wear your regular shoes."

I grinned. "You know, New Girl, you're not too bad." She laughed and handed me the pair of black, worn out converse sneakers.

With the time left before the boys would show up, she placed herself in a brightly colored dress and strapped on her stupid shoes. I was sure that by the end of the night, she'd be dead.

I stood in my comfy shoes and eyed her platforms, silently constructing a plan for if she fell and died. I'd, of course, try to catch her before that happened. It seemed that New Girl always put me in the position of saving lives. I stuck close to her side as we walked down the staircase and towards the living room.

Once I made sure she was safe alone, I left her side and went into the kitchen. There was a pound of chocolate I had been meaning to give Remus waiting on the counter.

The bell rang, chiming through the house, "mind getting that?" I called, regretting it almost instantly when I remembered the stilts she was walking on.  I frowned at the the thought of her tripping and falling to her death while I was occupied with something else and too busy to save her in time. But shrugged eventually, Remus would be able to save her, and if not, a pound of chocolate would be a good present for a I'm sorry your girlfriend died gift. Plus, I was already dressed for a funeral.

After I had finished with my thorough investigation of the chocolate, happy to know Sebastian had kept his promise and had not eaten any of Remus' gift. It was an I'm sorry I made your mum upset present, but I'm sure it could cover the I'm sorry your girlfriend died aspect as well.

I made my way into the living room, disgusted to find Remus and Callie snogging. I made a face and stood next to Sirius, whom was too busy avoiding the general area of the couple to notice I had entered the room. "Hey, if you wouldn't mind not contaminating my living room, you know, the place in which I live, that'd be great." I smirked as they jumped apart and Callie flushed, making Remus look quite satisfied. "Probably isn't as sweet as New Girl's lips, but it'll have to do, Lover Boy."

I tossed the block of chocolate and Remus looked at it in surprise. "For me?"

"Yeah. It's meant to be an apology for that one time your mum hated me and you guys kinda had that argument about me."

He frowned, "my mum doesn't hate you," he trailed off.

I sent him a look, not convinced.

"Thank you," he changed the subject. Giving me a swift hug, he pulled back and smiled. "You look wonderful."

Sirius cleared his throat, making his presence known. "Back off Moony, this one's my date."

I giggled softly as Remus rolled his eyes but turned back to Callie. I looked towards Sirius. "You look gorgeous, which isn't a surprise."

"Really? Because I'm convinced we're attending a funeral." I looked at Sirius' attire and found him to be dressed in a black suit, matching my black dress perfectly. In fact, we even had matching black and white converse sneakers on.

"I think you look good in black." He smirked, "but then again, I may be biased towards the situation as I want your surname to be changed to Black."

I was faintly aware of the blush that made it's way onto my face. I rolled my eyes at him and muttered about him being too flirtatious.

"Ready for our date?" Sirius smirked, whispering softly to me.

And boy was I ready.

------------------

Hey guys! So sorry it has been a while since my last update. I've missed you all so much! You're wonderful!  Anyways, I hope you guys liked the chapter and I can't wait to start writing about their date!

Any guesses as to where that will be? If someone guesses it right, I'll dedicate a little something to them. One hint: we've already seen it happen. Good luck!

Again I'm so sorry I haven't replied to the comments from last chapter, I was going to do it tonight, but thought I'd give an update as an im sorry if you thought i was ignoring you- i really wasnt, i just got busy gift. I will reply! Don't worry!

Until then, stay awesome! Much love!