Horcrux Horrors

Chapter 10: Horcrux Horrors
-Bex p.o.v.-

"What's this?" I asked, grabbing a book from one of his many shelves. I had randomly grabbed one from his shelves of my many books, one that looked intriguing.

Tom glanced up from the papers he had been looking over. "It's a book on horcruxes." He answered, looking back at his work.

"Horcruxes?" I asked softly, flipping the book open. I had never heard of them, but they sounded cool.

Tom looked up again, he chuckled. I was sitting on the couch in his study, flipping through the pages of a strange book just so I could look at the pictures. "Are you even reading it?"

I looked away from the page I was currently on, connecting eyes with Tom. "Of course not. I don't read books. Especially books that teach you stuff. What do I look like? A Ravenclaw?" I scoffed, turning the page and staring at the next picture for a total of three seconds before I turned to a new page.

Tom sat down next to me, on the couch, taking the book from my hands. "A horcrux is a piece of magic. It takes something, usually of value, and contains a part of your soul."

I raised my eyebrows at the strangeness of the sentence. "Contains your soul? Seriously?"

"Yes." Tom nodded, "that way, you can't die. All parts of your soul need to be destroyed before you actually die. If you split your soul, it makes it harder. The murderer would have to destroy all of the horcruxes and then the person."

I frowned, "and why do you have this book in your study?"

Tom shrugged, "it's useful."

"Useful as in you want to know how to make one? Or useful as in you want to know how to destroy one?" I asked slowly, curious and hesitant, not sure if I wanted to know the answer.

"Making them, of course." Tom smirked, and for the first time since knowing him, he looked dangerous.

I looked at him in disbelief. "Why do you want to know how to make one?"

"So I can be invincible. I want to live forever, and this is the only course available to me." An evil glint appeared in his eyes, taking me by surprise.

"Tom?" I questioned softly, "why would you want to live forever?"

"I want to rule the world, you could rule beside me. You could be my Queen, and myself as your King. We could live forever together." He grabbed for my hand, I pulled it out of his reach.

"I don't want to live forever. Don't you want to grow old? To grow old with the one you love?" I inquired, my voice soft.

"I do not see the fulfilment of growing old." Tom sneered at the thought of being old.

"What about being able to have children? Would you want them to grow older than you?" I asked, trying again for him to see the imperfections of his idea.

"We shall have children if that is what you wish. If they shall grow old, then we will merely have more. Or they will also stay forever young with us." Tom shrugged easily.

"We? Why not someone you love?" I asked hesitantly.

"I do not feel love to anyone. You are the closest I've come to that emotion. With you, things are different." Tom pursed his lips, thinking lightly on the subject.

"And what of my love?" I frowned.

"I am sure you would learn to love me. I could make you happy, provide you with what you wish. Anything you would want."

"You are missing my point. You should not have to burry your own child, that is what you will have to do." I demanded, "is that something you are prepared to do?"

"Children come and go." He murmured, "it is power I want. Power stays with you forever."

I frowned.

"Unless children is what you wish," he quickly started, trying to mend what he had said. "If you wish to have children, then I shall provide and I will make the child live forever when it comes to a certain age."

I sighed, moving on from the children argument, "do you already have a horcrux?"

"A diary and my ring." Tom answered simply.

I gaped, "your ring? I've been carrying around your soul? You had me protecting your soul so you would live forever?" I exclaimed, glaring.

"Love-"

"Take it off of me! Get it off of my hand!" I demanded firmly, holding my hand out to him.

"Not this ring!" Tom bellowed over my yells, "it's not that ring! My family ring is the horcrux."

"Then what is this ring?" I asked harshly, glaring at him, waiting for an explanation.

He chuckled, "it's an extension of my soul, just like the Dark Mark, that way I will know where you are and if you are okay. A horcrux is the splitting and containment of a soul."

"So my ring isn't dark magic?"

"No, it's perfectly alright to use that magic. It is, however, not smiled upon to use horcruxes."

"Then why are you using it?" I frowned, my eyebrows dipping down in confusion. "Why would you want to use that type of magic?"

"I told you. I want power. Sometimes you need to break the rules to get what you want." Tom shrugged, chuckling a little. "I'm sure you know all about that."

-------------------------
Well this chapter was longer, but I shortened it. This is the last chapter leading up to the alternate ending. Every chapter after this is part of the Sirius Black love story. So there will be no more Tex stuff.

With that said, I am giving you guys an option:
1.) I continue with the Sirius Black love story and start on the alternate ending after I finish the last book in the series.

2.) I continue with the Sirius Black love story while also starting the alternate ending so that you can read both at the same time.

You can pick, just leave your answer in the comments. I'm fine with either one, it's up to you guys.

Next order of business, the fan clubs and stuff. So my fan page has the interview book up, the first interview is already uploaded, so if you wish to learn about me or whatever, you can go read that. Also, there is the Andrew Blake fan club you can join. And you can join the Bex House fan club. There is also a Sebrew fanfic of my fanfic out there.

-Interviews For Silent by: @SilentFans
-The Andrew Blake Fanclub by: @Fanfics4Turtles
-The Bex House by: PumaEvans12
-In Another Universe, Where We Can Be Together (Sebrew fanfic) by: @Fanfics4Turtles

So I hope you enjoyed the chapter, feel free to check out those stories I listed and have a nice day.
Please comment, vote, share, fan and follow! Thanks! And don't forget to comment about the alternate ending!