Tense Feelings

Chapter 16: Tense Feelings

-Bex p.o.v.-

Without fail, Sam called me the next day. I had been eating lunch with James and Sirius when Biddy suddenly appeared in the room.

"Master, boy named Sam call yous on the telly-phone." Biddy explained, pulling on my hand.

"Just tell him that I'll call him back, I'm with James and Sirius right now." I explained, gesturing to the boys.

"Misters," he bowed to the boys as if only just seeing them for the first time. "Mister Drew and Mister Seb are talking to the Sam."

I frowned, "oh shit, sorry guys, I have to go, I'll be back in less than half an hour, okay?"

James nodded and Sirius frowned.

Biddy took my hand and apparated us to my house. We landed in the kitchen and Biddy began to pull me away the second our feet touched the ground. "This way, this way," he urged.

Andrew was in the middle of a threat when I took the phone from his hands, "I'm so sorry about that," I apologized, hoping he would know that I had finally gotten a hold of the phone.

It was quiet for a moment and I mentally questioned myself on whether he was still there or if he had hung up while Andrew spoke to him. But before I could open my mouth to ask aloud, there was a light chuckle. "It's alright, your brothers," he paused, "they're very protective of you."

I almost disagreed with him, but figured that brothers, was a good cover for my protectors. Sam couldn't know, he was a muggle, he wouldn't be able to understand.

"The first one, Sebastian? Is that his name?" When I confirmed it, he continued. "He picked up the phone and started asking who I was and what my reason was for calling you. I guess the other, Andrew, right? He must have been in the room because when I said I was calling about our date, he snatched the phone and began threatening me."

I flushed in embarrassment for him. "Yeah, I'm sorry about that. They can be a bit... overbearing, to say the least."

"It's fine, they're good lads, just looking to protect you from blokes you shouldn't be around. If my little sister was getting a call from a boy, you better believe I'd be threatening him." Sam chuckled a little, though you could tell he was serious.

I smiled at the new fact I had learned. Learning things about Sam was nice, like behind every closed door, a secret stood. He was different, he wasn't like other boys. He wasn't like wizards. And he most certainly was not like Sirius.

But was that necessarily a bad thing? Sirius and I, we were so opposite that we were almost alike. In the most different ways, we were similar. Even in the way we thought, we were contrasting poles that seemed to work well together.

We were magnets.

Two different sides, so different in everything, that we were similar in many. We attracted, pulling each other close. I just needed him to realize. I needed him to know. He needed to make the first move, he needed to be the one to pull us closer.

If it wasn't him, then he'd never learn, he'd never see. We were meant to be. I could feel it. I just knew.

But until Sirius came to his senses, I could spend time with Sam. Sirius and I weren't exclusive, I could go out with as many guys as I wanted. And if it made Sirius finally realize his feelings for me, then I would.

Of course, spending time with Sam had its benefits, but I wasn't going on a date with him to merely make Sirius jealous, Sam didn't deserve to be played. I was going on a date with him because he was a nice boy and he had already once before asked for a date and the previous time I had to deny him. He should get one chance at least.

He deserved that much seeing as he liked me before Sirius did and is still interested while Sirius hasn't made much of a move to prove he liked me. He deserved that much for being a nice guy.

I stayed on the phone with Sam for more than thirty minutes before we said our goodbyes. "I'll pick you up tomorrow night, yeah?"

"Yeah sounds great," I smiled into the receiver, already giddy about the next night. Sam had promised a fantastic night and I was excited. When I put the phone back on the dock, I was surprised to see the time. It couldn't have been that long, it had only felt as if we had been speaking for ten minutes, fifteen at the most.

I gasped softly and muttered a quick goodbye to Andrew and Sebastian, who had been sitting on the couch, listening to the entire conversation, before flooing back to James and Sirius. The boys were no longer sitting at the table eating. In fact, everything had been cleaned up and they were missing.

I couldn't find them in the living room, the drawing room, or the kitchen. The next logical place to look would be James' bedroom. So I started towards that way.

James' room was much easier to find compared to the room Sirius had picked out of the many in Potter Manor. Sirius' was in the far back corner of the house, as if he didn't want it to feel like he was taking up much space in the Potter's home. However, James' room was just off of the grand staircase, in full display to anyone that walked up the stairs.

I peeked in the room, spotting them instantly. Sirius stopped speaking abruptly when I entered the room and James smirked. I wondered to myself what that were talking about before I entered the room. "I know, I'm sorry, it took longer than I thought it would be."

James' smirk seemed to widen and he glanced at Sirius quickly. "So you've got a date with Sam all planned out, is that what took so long?"

"Yeah, he's going to be picking me up from my house tomorrow." It was strange, awkward even, talking to James and Sirius about the date we had planned. Just wait until after my date, I thought.

Sirius didn't look happy with the conversation and that in turn made me a bit happy. I was proud of the reactions I was forcing out of Sirius.

The conversation switched to something else and we spent the day in James' room. We talked and talked and talked even more. It was something we hadn't done in a while, just sat and talked. It was refreshing.

The room was filled with a calming aura and light conversation floated between us. The tense feeling from talking about my date disappeared and didn't come back. I only hoped it would stay gone.

But it didn't. The next morning, I woke in Sirius' room, in Sirius' bed, all alone; one of them must have carried me there late last night. When I walked through the maze of back corridors and finally made it into the kitchen, you could feel the awkwardness build between us.

James sat at the breakfast bar, in the middle seat, staring at his food. Sirius' jaw tightened and he muttered something about hoping I had a good time on my date and stormed out of the room. James smiled apologetically, placing his plate in the sink and hurrying after Sirius.

It was a little over eight hours until my date and the air between us was already tense. Hopefully Sirius would cave into his feelings soon. Everything would be much easier after that happened.

--------------------------

How is everyone? Good, I hope, yeah? I hope you all liked the chapter, the next one will be one Bex's date with Sam and it may or may not contain a jealous Sirius, an understanding Sam, and a protective James.... Maybe just maybe.

I didn't have time to put up the Bex games stuff, Labor Day was a bit busier than I originally thought it would be. We ate food and roasted marshmallows, so it was a good time. I'll try to have it up tomorrow. And hopefully I will.

Anyways, please comment, vote, share, follow, and all that amazing stuff, because you're all amazing! Much love :)