Jasper

I immediately grabbed my watch. The waiter quickly noticed me, his eyes weren’t warm and brown but a certain silver-blue glow gleamed off of his eyes and face.

“I wouldn’t do that if I were you.” He said, gesturing to the people who walked by. “You don’t want another tragedy like Bakers & Makers, right?” I bit my lip. Oh, I hate when people always twist the carpet.

“We don’t want to fight, but we will if you force our hand,” Breeze threatened, she held her fists clenched. The waiter sneered, “Romero, you shouldn’t threaten strangers, didn’t your poor departed mother teach you any manners?”

Instantly, a strong gust of wind knocked the waiter onto his bum. Pediastrans quickly noticed what happened and stared at us. I glanced at Breeze but she looked ambivalent as I was.

“Wow, heh, the forecast didn’t tell us that there was going to be some strong winds,” Hearth spoke, his voice full of the jitters. Few mumbled, until someone walked out the crowd. “Hearth Santos?”

Immediately Hearth’s face paled, “Ms. Ether..Heh, uh pretend you never saw me.” Hearth quickly glanced at us and we got the message, ‘We gotta run.’

We briskly escaped the scene. The crowd that surrounded us dispersed, however, this Ms. Ether wasn’t going to pretend that she never saw Hearth. She followed us as we ran.

“Who is she?” I asked while running beside Hearth. He looked hesitate to answer but he did.

“She is my mom’s assistant. Also, my photoshooter.” Hearth answered as we took sharp turn to the right.

“Wait, you have a photoshooter?!”

“Okay, yeah I am a model, deal with it.” His eyebrows narrowed as if telling that was bitter. Well, that certainly explains a lot.

We finally stopped when we thought we had lost her. We stood outside a car rental place and less people were walking by in this area. “So, anyone have an idea how we intend to get to Sleep Tight Corp. HQ?” I asked.

“What do you mean?” Saelvyre asked, she was the least sweatiest of all of us, I am guessing because she got to this place faster than all of us. Man, when she ran, it was fast.

“The waiter obviously knew a lot about us already. Also, he could’ve heard snips of our plan in that restaurant. He could spill the beans to the.. the people in control of these organizations-”

“They’re called the Storm Angels.” Saelvyre corrected.

“Are you sure about the angels part because they keep terrorizing us.” Breeze frowned. “I agree with you Jasper, Sleep Tight Corp. definitely knows by now that we’re coming.”

“So much for the element of surprise.” Hearth muttered.

“We still have to fight.” Breeze said, leaning her weight against the wall. She seemed a bit agitated, especially after what the waiter said about her mother. Quite unusual especially since I have met Breeze she was always so calculating and logical. But ever since she got poisoned she took risky ways and seemed a bit wound up. Maybe that potion that Saelvyre gave her had something to do with this but when I looked at Saelvyre she seemed worried as me.

“People are trapped in there, probably tricked or abducted. We have to fight and save them. Imagine how their families feel. They have no idea that their kin are being used for experiments, trapped in an endless sleep. It’s only right after coming so far that it’s our duty to save them.” Breeze continued, her words filled with passion.

“I agree,” Hearth remarked and glanced over at with a look expectation. I nodded, “Me too.” Saelvyre joined in as well.

“Then we should hurry, we don’t have much time.”

___
Sorry for the short chapter. Just needed a little pep talk for the team OwO

~Yummi