Hearth

“Ew Hearth, dude!” A voice woke me up as I felt something escape my hug. I quickly sat up and saw Jasper glaring at me. “What did I do?” He pointed to my cheek and his arm. I touched my cheek and found it moist. Chicken snake! I was drooling again. I immediately wiped the side of my face with my arm.

“You were using my arm as a cuddle toy.” Jasper said as he sat up.

“Did not!” My cheeks felt like hot fire was blazing on them. He shrugged and got up, looking around. That’s when I noticed Breeze and Saelvyre having a hushed discussion. I approached them and the conversation ended. Breeze looked over at me, “I know where we need to go..”

“Where?” I asked.

“Saelvyre told me that the organization of Sleep Tight Corp. is only one of the many organizations that Humiya controls.”

“Humiya…” I muttered, remembering what happened the day- or rather the night before.

“The HQ of Sleep Tight Corp. is east of Westerbridge.” Breeze said, looking a little uncomfortable saying the name of Westerbridge. “We have to go there soon.”

“I was only a minor assistant in the works of Sleep Tight Corp. but I do know what they do in the HQ. They have a room designed specifically for testing. This testing needed subjects, humans, animals, and Rems. As the name suggests, they are all asleep. I have only been there once but I do remember how the subjects looked like.”

“Unfortunately, we do not know how our missing person looks like..” Breeze added. I frowned, remembering those images. It specifically showed me one person, maybe it meant something.

“I think I might..” I spoke with reluctance. They both turned to me. “When I went through the that..portal, um, I saw these visions. They- it showed me the HQ and  it specifically showed me one person in this pod. They had black hair with curly locks, a white streak running through it. They had an Almond complexion..”

Saelvyre frowned, “I remember...That person was the first subject. They were there even before I became the assistant.”

“Were they important?” Breeze asked, crossing her arms across her chest. Saelvyre nodded, “Very. Whenever I approached the pod they’d freak. Also, I heard that in a couple of days they were going to engage in a dangerous experiment that involved Subject 1.”

“So they don’t even give their hostages real names. I highly doubt that Subject 1 is their birth name.” Breeze frowned. Saelvyre pale cheeks turned a slight color of pink, “Heh...I know but I didn’t know what to do.”

“It’s alright.”

“Okay, so great but we still have a problem..Where are we?” I gestured to the miles of fields that stretched out before us.

“Luckily we have a Sierra Rem on our side.” Breeze pointed out before walking to Jasper. “Right, I forgot...Son of nature and earth..” Saelvyre stood quietly and I just stayed silent, feeling really awkward as we watched Breeze trying to explain something to Jasper.

It was Saelvyre who broke the awkward silence. “So I hear that you’re a Kanji Rem.. Y’know, this is like a thing that only happens once in a lifetime. Just meeting one Rem created from one of the Four Great Spirits is rare enough but meeting three all at the same time and place is like impossibly real.”

“What do you mean..?” I asked. What she was saying was pretty confusing, they way she spoke about us is like we’re just artifacts. Rare metals.

“See, the Four Great Spirits usually don’t involve themselves in human affairs except of course Sierra since she created them. They rarely have ‘children’. I hear it’s because that could set unintentional...forces to wake.”