Jasper

Can I say that I learned my lesson to never fly with Breeze? If there was a speed limit for flying, Breeze would’ve have broken it by now. After coming out of her blacked out state, she urgently explained what happened to Hearth. Apparently, his dragon went rogue and sent him falling into the Moon Forest.

Thus, I held onto for dear life as we hovered over the forest.

“Are you sure that..”

“Yes, I am sure! I’m not about to let another Rem die on my account!” She snapped.

She kept flying frantically above the forest. Breeze had told me to keep an eye out for any sign of a fallen Rem. This went on for a bit of a long time, until suddenly something began to pull us.

Breeze’s grip around my waist tightened quickly, “Eh..Breeze, can you not? I’m trying to breathe here..” I responded to her tightening grip.

She didn’t loosen her grip though, I slightly turned my head and saw what she was looking at. A giant black swirling vortex was a few feet away from us and seemed to be growing.

“I’ve seen that before…” Breeze muttered. Her expression seemed to be far off in a distant land. I pinched her arm and she nearly dropped me, “Hey, Bree, we have a problem on our hands and we can worry about déjà vus later.”

She just nervously nodded and tried to fly away but the gravity of the vortex has gotten stronger.

“I-I can’t...It’s too strong!” Breeze grimaced as we were just inches away from the vortex. Then, we were sucked in.

~

I heard screaming. I opened my eyes, who was screaming? I realized it was me who was screaming, and I had good reason for it. The vortex had transported us straight to the heart of the forest, right underneath a gigantic creature.

I used my elbow to prop myself up, but I stopped myself as my elbow landed on something stiff and squishy at the same time.

“Er, Jasper. You’re killing me,” Breeze’s voice said underneath me. Abruptly, I got pushed off and I landed gracefully on my face.

“Jasper! Breeze! You made it!” A voice called out to me. I sat up and saw Hearth. Even though he was in terrible condition, he was smiling at both of us. Cuts and bruises were all over his skin and his clothes weren’t lucky either. The shirt he was wearing was ripped and had holes. I noticed that his left arm and one of his ankles both had been bandaged in giant leaves with ooze.

I frowned, disappointed that I wasn’t there to help Hearth when he got hurt. I stood up and walked over to Hearth, “Did you send a vortex to us?”

He blinked, a little surprised by the question. “You do know my father just controls fire, war, and foresight. Not magic.”

“I did that, young Rem.” Someone said behind me. I spun around and saw a young pale woman looking at both of us with a coy smile, her hair flowing and denying gravity as she stood up. She walked over to us and snapped her fingers. Suddenly weapons and items appeared at our feet.

“Breeze, my dear, don’t fight my pet.” The woman said calmly. I noticed Breeze holding her spear. I never had time to have a close look at it but by the looks of it, there is no doubt it could kill. It’s pointed head was made out of obsidian and bronze, the pole itself was made out of  dark wood and gold. The gold had words on it that I couldn’t recognize.

Breeze frowned as she had already gotten into a fighting position against the creature. She sheathed her spear into something strapped to her back.

“My apologies Lady Luna, but why have you brought us all here?” Breeze said with an uneasy tone. She walked over to where we were standing.

“Don’t you think having a Spirit on your side for your quest would help you?” The woman looked at us expectedly.