Chapter 33

Shane was standing around waiting for Akeno to take her out on their 'date'.

"I mean, that was something else to explain to Irina, but I didnt expect to say as much as I did." He sighed while running his hand through his hair remembering the events of the other night.

Flashback

Irina stood at the counter with her arms crossed and had a eyebrow raised.

"So you have to take Akeno on a date" she mumbled. It honestly scared Shane to see her like this.

"Because I told her I'd make it up to her because Venom gained her powers" Shane tried to explain. Venom formed a head from Irina's shoulder and laughed.

"Don't drag me into this. I'm just a parasite that's all"

Shane's mouth dropped to the floor, "you just called yourself a parasite! You're not going to say that was the truth!?"

Instead of a reply, Venom just retreated back to Irina and she continued to have an annoyed look on her face.

"I even just told your parents that you treated me well! And now you pull this off?"

Shane sulked, "I'm sorry, I-" he started but stopped. Irina wanted to hear the rest of it.

"I what?" She demanded while walking towards Shane. Shane looked to the floor.

"I-I just didn't think I'd be where am at today with everything. I've lived everyday like it was my last. I didn't think she would take it serious. Without Venom, my powers, or this new stupid suit I cannot figure out, I'm nothing" he whispered. Irina stopped, his voice sounded broken.

"Shane" she started, "you're a wonderful guy, a wonderful boyfriend. Of course she would use that promise eventually."

However Shane didn't hear her and continued to add to what he was saying.

"I didn't think I would be dating you, let alone know you. When I did, I was heartbroken because I foolishly became a devil. But we made things work and I'm sorry. I'm terrible."

"Shane..." Irina reached for her boyfriend. She was feeling a little guilty because Shane was being honest and not trying to hurt her, Venom told her through her thoughts that it was all sincere. He just wanted to tell the truth. He trusts her, why cant she trust him on this one. However, the next few words stunned her.

"I didn't think I would be standing here falling in love with you." Shane said, but he soon realized what he said and covered his mouth.

"Shane" Irina started with a few tears building up. Since the first moment the met, Irina had developed a little crush on Shane. Through the tough times of Kokebiel and Loki, she started to love him. Not because he had this 'symbiote', but he truly wanted to protect her.