Chapter 9

A week has gone by since the rating game and I still haven't recovered. I've ate the slightest bit, but Venom eventually took over and ate til we were both satisfied. I couldn't accept the fact that Rias just simply conceded that game. I was right there. We were right there. Was I not good enough?

"Nonsense, we did our job correctly. We were willing to fight until the very end, but she gave up. That is what pisses me off" Venom interrupted my thoughts.

"Yeah I guess so" I quietly replied.

"Cheer up, you're way more of a man than what that chicken is. We could've easily kept attacking, but instead you chose to let it be. She gave up on us, she didn't believe in us, so you did what was right. It takes a true man to do that. I was willing to continue but your emotions made me stop. I told you we would work as a team" He added to cheer me up. It was kind of working, but my thoughts were interrupted by a knocking on my door.

"Come in!" I yelled. The door opened and revealed my mother and father.

"Son, is everything okay?" Mom asked. I sighed

"No not really" I quickly replied.

"You mind telling us what's wrong?" Dad asked.

"It's kinda hard to explain, but the best I can put it is that I really liked this girl and I was standing up for her, but she ended up giving in to another guy and leaving me behind. Thing is, she was crying the whole time that she went to this other guy. It didn't look like she wants to be with him."

"I'm sorry honey" Mom said while giving me a hug. Dad patted me on the back, "it'll be okay, then that means that she isn't the one for you. If she didn't realize what you can do for her, then it's her loss"

"Thanks" I quickly replied. Venom tried to get me to tell them everything but I can't tell them that I'm a devil and have a living organism that gives me supernatural abilities.

"We also came to tell you that your father and I are going on a business trip and we won't be back for a few days" mom added. I figured that something was up because they rarely checked in on me.

"We weren't going to go if you didn't feel better, but it's up to you" my dad continued. I sighed

"I'll be fine, besides, I know how much work means to you and I know how close you are to your promotion." I answered with a small smile. Both them smiled and gave me a hug. They told me they were leaving tomorrow afternoon. I guess they expected me to say I'll be fine but it's whatever.

"Well, that was strange"

'Been dealing with it my whole life. I'm used to it' I answered.

"Well, do we plan on saving Rias? You know she doesn't want to marry that shit bag"

"I don't know. It's not like we have a one way ticket to hell" I shrugged. Suddenly a white magical circle appeared revealing Grayfia.

"Oh the fucking irony." I said. Venom laughed.

"Good evening Mr.Dooley, I'm here on the behalf of Sir Zechs." She stated.

"Doesn't surprise me, what's the deal?" I asked nodding to her

"Well you see," she started then she gave me a card that looked similar to one Rias gave Issei on his first date. "Sir Zechs would like for you to attended the ceremony in the next few days. He would like for you to be his entertainment."