Karai X Fem!Reader A Little Cold

Note:  I got a request on DeviantArt sometime ago to write a Karai female reader insert and I thought why not.  It was interesting to try out something different and to write a story about Karai.  Maybe I might do another in the future but only time will tell.

You watched from the side lines of the dojo as Karai jumped, kicked, and punched the training dummies. A sigh escaped from your lips, you really enjoyed watching her do a bunch of amazing maneuvers like it was nothing. Once in a while she would help you out with training or you two would go out on patrols together. You harbored a crush on the kunoichi for months ever since you joined the foot clan. You weren't sure if she would be interested in you because you couldn't tell if she was into girls or not. Also, she seemed to be more focused on running the foot clan than having a relationship. She would tease you in a playful manner when it was just the two of you, which would make you blush like mad. You snapped out of your thoughts when Karai attempted to do a spin kick on the training dummy but she missed her mark and almost fell.

You rushed over to her side, "Hey Karai, you ok?"

"I'm fine, I just needed to catch my breath for a minute," she replied.

When she tried to perform that kick again she missed and stumbled to the ground. You quickly ran over to her side to help her up. That's when you noticed her face was a little flushed and you placed your hand on her forehead. She was burning up with a fever.

You helped her onto her feet, "That's it, you're going to bed."

"I said I'm fine," Karai protested.

"Are you kidding me? You have a fever and you're going straight to bed."

"You know giving the orders around here is my job."

"Not today."

Finally, you got the kunoichi into bed and got her under the covers. Then you left to fetch her tea, water, medicine, and something for her to snack on. You returned with a full tray of supplies and got them set up on the nightstand. You got Karai to sit up and have her take some of the medicine for her fever. Then you made sure she drank all of her tea before you had her lay down.

"You're really going all out aren't you?" Karai asked as she made herself comfortable.

"Well, you're the one with a cold."

"It's not like I've been sick before you know."

You rolled your eyes and sighed, "Sheesh, what if you were on patrol and you fell off a building or something? Seriously you really need to take better care of yourself once in a while."

You noticed Karai was staring at you with a bemused grin, "What?"

She gave a soft chuckle, "Nothing, you just look so cute when you worry."

You felt your face flush, "Sh-shut up."

You figured she was just teasing you like she usually did. Suddenly, you felt Karai pull you down into bed with her and she wrapped both of her arms around you. You struggled to get out of her grasp but she only held you tighter. You could feel your heart beating against your chest and you were hoping Karai wouldn't notice. Little did you know, Karai noticed and a little smirk grew on her face.

"Karai, you know I'll end up catching your cold like this."

"Then that means it'll be my turn to take care of you," Karai said as she nuzzled your hair.

You blushed then you gave in and snuggled up against her. It wasn't long before Karai fell asleep, when you tried to sneak out of her embrace she still had a firm hold on you. Needless to say you were going to be there for a while but at the same time you didn't mind either.