Chapter Nineteen- Ready To Go (Get Me Out Of My Mind)

So... I had a great idea, and so, am updating sooner than planned. What to say about this chapter... well, it doesn't really follow the storyline, that's for sure. An unexpected appearance from someone to save Sachiko from danger... I wonder who it could be... ho ho ho... (no, it's not Santa, or Tanaka from Kuroshitsuji)

Also, the first part involving 'huggy time' is a dream, though it did happen. Just way back before the first exam.

Well, I've kept you in suspense long enough! Onto the chapter!

- - -

"Lee! That technique is forbidden! How dare you use it!" I watched with mild confusion as the jumpsuited man punched Lee in the face, sending him flying. The younger bowl-cut person got to his feet, wiping his cheek.

"I'm sorry Gai-sensei! Please forgive me!" Lee wailed.

"Oh Lee you know I will always forgive you my beautiful student!" Gai cried, and the pair sobbed in each others arms, sparkling and hugging. I blinked at them.

'Oh jeez, Moe...' Izanami muttered.

I pouted, "Hug! I want in! Kakashi-sensei never gives hugs!" hearing my plea, Lee and Gai scooped me up in a hug full of bushy eyebrows and green jumpsuits, and we span in circles, laughing and crying and sparkling.

"Huggy time..." I was steadily awoken to the sounds of a battle, metallic clashes and fleshy thuds making my eyes snap open and my body jerk upright. A flare of pain made me cry out, clutching at myself and tensing in a futile attempt to quell some of the damage.

It calmed enough for me to painstakingly rise to my feet, leaning heavily against a tree. The three sound ninja that were pummelling Sakura and Lee into the ground looked over at me, noticing that I was awake. I glared at them, furious at how the girl was holding Sakura by her hair.

With much effort, I stood straight, pushing the pain to the back of my mind, along with the agonising fear I felt. I wasn't going to shake at the sidelines and watch a teammate get hurt again. "Let her go!"

"Are you gonna make me?" the sound girl mocked, and my fists clenched. I dove at her with a punch, sending her back into a tree- but I noticed that Sakura's long hair went with her.

I gasped and glanced back at my female teammate, seeing her shorter style. She had cut her hair. I knew how much it meant to her, too...

Before I could even react, a kunai was to my neck and my wrists were pulled together behind my back. My spine throbbed in protest as the spikey haired sound nin laughed.

"Make one move, and this'll be through her neck." to show that he wasn't bluffing, he slit across my neck. I could feel the warm liquid roll down my neck. I quivered in fear, and Sakura froze.

"Careful, Zaku." the hedgehog guy from before called, "Boss wants her alive, too."

I heard a chilling chuckle from my captor, "Don't worry, this won't kill her."

My eyes widened as he held my arms back and planted his foot on my back, my spine screaming in agony. This move was usually to dislocate people's arms, because arms would usually give out before the back. But...

He pushed his foot down hard, and a shuddering snap rang through my body. I screamed, shrill, as my body fell limp.

- Elsewhere -

Silence reigned over the only team so far to complete the exam. The Sand siblings sat in a loose formation, ever prepared to face an attack, though Gaara's sand could easily incapacitate any attacker.

Temari was doodling in the dust on the floor with her finger when a sudden movement from Gaara sent her into red-alert. His head had snapped upright, his back ramrod straight and his eyes wide.