Chapter Seventeen- Maneater

Sasuke 17

So I'm writing this while I'm on holiday, drying off from the pool. Lol, my dad's pissed cuz it got sunny the moment we got back to the caravan, when it was all windy and shubz when we were actually in the water. It was freezing! But fun. My Dad kept dunking me... the arse... but then I dunked him, and I was all 'Bitch please!' and then the fit guy from the market stall walked past, and 'Bitch please!' turned into 'drooooooooolllllll....' luckily I was in the pool, so he wouldn't have noticed. Imma have to try and get a pic, the girls back home will want to see this! He is fucking sexy!! *drool* hot french boys *drool* France, you get props for that!!

Anyways, on with the chapter!!

- - -

Alternate name:

Chapter Seventeen: Orochimaru and Confession Attempt Number Two!

I scrutinised the grass ninja with narrowed eyes. There was something strange about her.

"What are you talking about?" I said through gritted teeth, a feeling that something was very, very wrong settling in my stomach.

"Ahh, now, megami, don't even try to fool me. I know of your true identity." she said, and I flinched as Izanami hissed in the back of my head.

'Get out of here, kid!' I was shocked. Izanami sounded distressed, and I could feel the muscles of my arms twitching with her roiling presence.

I ignored her order, "Who the hell are you?"

'Ever heard the saying 'curiosity killed the cat'?! Get away from here! Now!' the goddess growled in my head, her tone slightly pleading.

"Ah, me?" the woman asked, mellow, a smirk on her face as her fingers dug into her hairline. I watched, in horrid fascination, as she tore part of her face to reveal a golden, snake-like eye, "I am your soon-to-be master."

I shook my head, confused. Master?! What the hell was she talking about? She was crazy!

'You can't take him on!! He's bad news, go back to your team, now!!'

My head shook faster, as I realised. He felt like death. It was a constant presence around him... and I had seen him before. "No!" I looked up at the smirking snake-human, him who I saw both in the Land of Waves and on team seven's last mission, "What do you want from me?!"

He tilted his head to the side with a smile, "Nothing... yet. No, you are not the prize for now. I want something much more... visionary from these exams." he fell silent, but that silence spoke a thousand words, coupled with the smirk on his face. Our eyes merely watched each other, before he spoke again, "But remember this name, my name. I should think you've heard it before... since I am Orochimaru, one of the three legendary sannin."

He then disappeared, leaving me to stare at the spot where he was in confusion.

Pulling myself together, I quickly hurried back to where I was supposed to meet Sasuke and the others, a frown on my face.

What did he mean, something 'visionary'? Unless he meant a person... but the only thing I could think of was visual jutsu, and the only two I could think of were the Byakugan, and the... Sharingan... Oh God.

I sped up on my way, having gone further than I thought. My heart kicked into gear. If he wanted the Byakugan, he could get it from the village, from one of the elder Hyuuga, who would have better control over it. But for the sharingan... only Sasuke.

'Izanami?' I asked, attempting distraction, 'What was that? That feeling of death?'

I could feel her disgust, 'My last vessel named it 'Corpse's musk'. The concentration of the scent of death around a person tells how many innocent lives they have taken.' she growled, 'Now do you see why I told you to get away?!'