Chapter Six- Mercenary

"Well in any case, seeing as you're okay, I can go now." Sasuke said, seeming relieved, which I tried not to get offended by.

Note to self: next time Sasuke comes knocking, don't answer the door.

"You're gonna be stuck here for a little longer, I'm afraid." I pointed out, trying to put across that I didn't exactly want him there. Which wasn't true; I've said before, I'm indifferent towards Sasuke, I maybe even like him a little bit (AS A FRIEND!!!), but he started it.

Sasuke looked confused, so I pointed out of the window, where rain was hitting heavily against the glass. Aw man, that was gonna melt all the snow. Sad face.

However, Sasuke continued out anyway. "I need to get home."

"Are you really that desperate that you would go out in the pouring rain?" I snapped, "It's freezing out there! If you get a cold, you'll be a hindrance on our next mission!"

And, believe or not, I was ignored. Charming!

It was barely two minutes after Sasuke had left that there was another knock on the door. I checked who it was through the peephole, and, sure enough, it was a dripping wet Uchiha. I opened the small window next to the door, and stuck my head out.

"Sorry, I told myself that I wasn't going to answer the door to you next time you knocked." I said, then shut the window and went back inside, flopping onto my stomach on the couch. Moments later, the door burst open, and the sopping wet Sasuke stood in front of me.

"Dude!!" I protested, "Don't just let yourself into my house!"

He glared at me and folded his arms, a slight blush on his face as I watched him expectantly, waiting for him to admit that I was right.

"Do you have a towel or something?" he asked stubbornly, as I stood up and went to the kitchen area. I shook my head.

"Sorry, no towels here." the Uchiha rose an eyebrow.

"But isn't there one on the counter behind you-" he cut off as I picked the towel up and threw it out of the room, then ran my hand over the counter top to show the distinct lack of towels. Sasuke sighed, and I folded my arms. I knew I was being petty... but he started it by being stubborn.

"Fine, fine, you were right about the rain..." Sasuke said, closing his eyes, "Now- mph!!"

"Stop talking." I stifled a laugh as he glared at me, having had a towel that I pulled from the drawer thrown in his face. Hahaha stupid emo kid. "Hey, don't give me that dissapproving stare of yours," I pulled my lower eyelid down mockingly as I spoke, then folded my arms. "You started it."

"Well, don't you sound mature?" Sasuke stated drily, his voice slightly muffled because the towel was over his head (he was drying his hair), and I stared at him in shock until he finished drying his hair. He noticed me staring at him and frowned, "What?"

"You made a joke?!" I could feel that Izanami was just as confused as me. Sasuke just glared.

"Oh, ha ha. Technically, that was sarcasm, not a joke." he said, and I recovered myself and scowled.

"And you're back to normal." I sighed, blowing my bangs out of my face. My eyes wandered to the clock, and I near enough screamed. "Holy crap!! It's so late!!"

I whistled for Phish, and the pup appeared from the corridoor and leapt into my arms. "Well, I'm going to bed. See ya!"

But then I stopped. Did I really trust the shady Uchiha in my house alone? He seemed like the closet perv type. I didn't like the idea of him watching me sleep.